FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nuub

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Unable to launch WoW

HI! I have been trying to get my group up and running for several days now.

THE PROBLEM: when i attempt to launch the "ISBoxer Character Set" currently titled "Druids-5" The little blue circle appears near the mouse momentarily, and then nothing perceptible happens for ~7 min. Then a windows opens on the task bar. No visual indication appears on screen, however I am unable to interact with objects on the desktop - as if there IS in fact a windowed full-screen object on the top. After several more minutes this invisible window turns black. i have not let is go on past this point before ending the process via task manager (r-clicking to close window does nothing that i can tell, and task manager indicated the Wow.exe is unresponsive).

Trouble shooting: Thus far i have:
restarted computer and immediately load the isboxer and innerspace, then launch character set.
result: Unpredictable loading/not loading
when it does correctly load, if closed and reloaded, reload is not successful
occasionally receive message when trying to restart at this point that svchost is preventing restart - click restart anyhow
Complete uninstall of Innerspace and ISBoxer Suite, checked file path to ensure deletion of all files
Reinstall ISBoxer and Inner space with newly downloaded file.
Delete WoW directories (currently using separate WoW directory for each character)
Download current WoW files, when completely finished, copy four times for 5 total WoW directories.
Create new profile in ISBoxer, export to InnerSpace
Fail to load
end Wow.exe process and reatart
Update InnerSpace to "Download development (test) patches", restart innerspace, restart computer
fail to load
I have been over a few other troubleshooting posts looking for possible solutions, and saw that you will likely request diagnostic files, here are links to both:

Compatibility https://pastebin.com/Scxhujr9

Trace I dont know how to make this availabe to you, let me knoiw how you want it shared and il do it.
note that when i click generate diagnostic...... i see a popup window reading "minidump generation failed" I click ok, and a file is generated.
When opened with notepadd++ it is completely blank (i dont know if im supposed to be seeing some text there or what, just trying to be
thorough with information provided)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Unable to launch WoW

There are a few things you can try.

1. Close Greenshot
2. Disable NVidia Share
3. Uninstall Avast

About uninstalling Avast.
This wont leave your computer unprotected as Windows has it's own Antivirus, and you generally wont get viruses if you are not opening dodgy emails/links/or visiting dodgy internet hideouts anyway. It is also a recommended method for testing compatibility. Microsoft said so in this article, which, while long, explains some stuff about filter drivers and then in a small bit of text explains....
KB816071 wrote:Most antivirus software uses filter drivers that work together with a service to scan for viruses. These filter drivers are still loaded after the service is deactivated. These filter drivers scan files as they are opened and closed on a hard disk. For troubleshooting purposes, temporarily remove the antivirus software
If it turns out to be Avast, you will have a decision to make. Install Avast again, and see if you can configure it to allow InnerSpace to work, or leave it out of the picture, and be happy with Windows Defender. Of course, if it's not the issue, then install Avast again, and we can move on to something else (although I've exhausted everything I can obviously see that might be an issue).
<<

Nuub

Post Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: Unable to launch WoW

Hey bob!! thx for the response! I disabled the nvidea experience, and uninstalled Avast, which prompted a restart, after which i was too excited to remember to disable greenshot, but All accounts launched perfectly!! thank you so much!!

edit: nvidea experience has been re-enabled, and has yet caused no issues with launching.

Return to World of Warcraft