FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Solved] Critical Error Character Sets Won't Load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Duukeo

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:28 am

[Solved] Critical Error Character Sets Won't Load

Today I tried to load a character set I've been playing just fine for the past few days but today I got this error message:

"Critical error during loading process.

Required library 'ADVAPI32.dll' is missing export 'RegQueryValueExW'."

None of my character sets will load, they all show this error.

Can you help me fix it please?

Edit: Changed title to include [Solved]
Last edited by Duukeo on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Duukeo

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:43 am

Re: Critical Error Character Sets Won't Load

I selected the Development patch option as you have recommended this in other posts but it still gives the same error :(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:34 am

Sounds as if a compatibility diagnostic may be required.
<<

Duukeo

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:21 am

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Okay, first, clear the compatibility flag on the game's executable file:
Code:
I:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe: $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<IS-D3D11.dll>

If that doesn't fix things, then you will want to completely uninstall BitDefender (which requires a full restart of your computer) to test if it's conflicting. If it was conflicting, it may have quarantined/deleted files used by Inner Space, and so you may have to reinstall Inner Space (you can do it right over the top of your current install). If this fixes the issue, but you want to keep BitDefender, then you'll have to figure out how to whitelist Inner Space.

Finally, if you're using DX12, you will want to be on the development build of Inner Space. Based on what you said earlier in the thread, your diagnostic shows that you aren't on the latest dev build. If switching to the dev build, you will have to manually patch the files each time there is a new build, and the Inner Space window would pop up indicating that there were files that were in need of patching.
<<

Duukeo

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:21 pm

I followed all these steps and after uninstalling Bitdefender and reinstalling ISBoxer nothing happens.

I don't get the error message and none of the characters launch. Now it's just nothing.

Everything was working fine yesterday.

I redid the Compatability test in case anything has changed https://pastebin.com/phxsaYGP

Really don't understand this, it was working perfectly yesterday.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:21 pm

Okay...

1) There's still an entry for WoW with an... invisible compatibility flag. Please use the second method shown in the gif linked above, and delete all entries for wow.exe located under Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers.

2) It doesn't look as if you're using the development build of Inner Space since it has a build date of October 24th. Hover the mouse cursor over the Inner Space try icon to look at the build you're using, and if it doesn't say BUILD 6358 (or higher), then you aren't using the current dev build of Inner Space.

To use the dev build, right-click on the tray icon, select Patcher, and check the "use dev patches" checkbox, then restart Inner Space and let it fully patch up. If the Inner Space window pops up and shows a list of files that are in need of patching, select Patch These Files.
<<

Duukeo

Post Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:21 am

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

First of all, thank you so much for being so willing to help, I really appreciate that.

It turns out the whole problem is my own fault.

Inner Space started staying up as an open window whenever I launched my characters rather than minimizing to the tray like it used to and I didn't like that.

So I right clicked inner space in the tray and click "Configuration". On the General (first) tab at the bottom there is an option saying "Inner Space Loader aggressiveness" which was set at "Default". I changed this setting to "Minimum" hoping it would minimize the Inner Space window. Instead, it just stopped it from openeing.

I've changed the setting back to "Default" and now is all working again.

:D :D :D

Return to World of Warcraft