FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

R6031 errors

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trick

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:56 pm

R6031 errors

Reinstalled ISBoxer and restarted account after a few years away, and I seem to be unable to open more than one or two WoW clients before I encounter the R6031 error.

Worth noting that so far I am only able to consistently duplicate the issue with older 32-bit clients. The retail 64-bit client appears to be unaffected at this time.

Already emailed a Trace Diagnostic to Lax per instructions in another thread. Just curious if there is anything else I can be doing to get past this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:33 am

Re: R6031 errors

Is your InnerSpace build 6308 or higher? If so, then the R6301 should be resolved. If not, then you need to let InnerSpace patch up.

People mostly come across this when using some older versions of games rather than current release versions. Sometimes it is also due to other things loading into the game process. A compatibility diagnostic might help there.

You could also try the dev build.
Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, select (it's a the red dot) the option for "Download development (test) patches"". Then right click Inner Space, select Exit. Reload Inner Space again, see if it that fixes it.
<<

Trick

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:02 am

Was already running 6308, so I tried the dev build 6319 but have the same issues. I am doing this on Windows 8.1, and I see that the dev build is working on some compatibility issues with 8, so might be related?

I did run a compatibility diagnostic last night. What should I be looking for?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:25 pm

Well, current Dev is 6331, not 6319, so maybe you have some more patching to go?

And no, the Win8 fixes were due to Windows API's that had diverged.
With 8.1, AFAWK it should all be working. Your Windows is fully patched?

The compatibility diagnostic, if you don't want to share it, you should be looking for other things hooking into the game process that aren't necessary for the game, and shutting them down. If there isn't anything there, then other overlays, antivirus, screen grabbers and such programs.

Also, you didn't confirm/deny if we are talking older versions of the game. There are some older versions which just have this error. Fixing those usually requires some good luck that it gets picked up with something else that has the issue on release.
<<

Trick

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:00 pm

It was indeed an older version of WoW giving all of this trouble. After a convo with Lax, I upgraded my system to Windows 10 Pro and the R6031 error was eliminated. I had previously held off on the update as I was making heavy use of Windows Media Center, but thankfully that ended earlier this year.

Return to World of Warcraft