FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What is your best strat to move your slaves out of the way?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alffonzy

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:16 pm

What is your best strat to move your slaves out of the way?

Auto-follow isn't very effective at getting your slaves to move out of the way when something is under you. I've been trying to think about how to set my keybindings to do it, but I can't come up with an effective way. I was wondering if there are any strategies others use with ISboxer to control your slaves so that they don't stand on top of things. Any suggestions?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 pm

Re: What is your best strat to move your slaves out of the way?

People normally set up Mapped Keys to separately move the rest of their characters, and sometimes they even break it up between melee and ranged.
<<

OnVentUK

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm level 56 on my 5-man multi-class team with my tank as the leader using my arrow keys to move my slaves in any direction out of bad stuff if the need arises. It's not perfect as each slave will deviate slightly from one another but it does the job.

However, this seems to be working fine in dungeons so far as there isn't much bad stuff to get out of on boss fights, but I've noticed other multiboxers (level 120) leading with their healer and treating the tank as a kind of pet, giving much better control over the location of your slaves as they can just follow you about as you heal. It also helps when using formations keys to spread out the slaves as you have a better POV as a healer rather than a tank down the way surrounded by mobs.

So before I hit 58, I'll be switching my Druid tank to resto and replacing the holy priest with a new blood DK. I don't raid or do mythics ever, at all, but I'm pretty sure this is the better option over leading with a tank and trying to control your unruly slaves from a distance. And if you have a FTL setup you can easily switch leader to your tank for those big aoe pulls.
<<

alffonzy

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 pm

OnVentUK wrote:I'm level 56 on my 5-man multi-class team with my tank as the leader using my arrow keys to move my slaves in any direction out of bad stuff if the need arises. It's not perfect as each slave will deviate slightly from one another but it does the job.

However, this seems to be working fine in dungeons so far as there isn't much bad stuff to get out of on boss fights, but I've noticed other multiboxers (level 120) leading with their healer and treating the tank as a kind of pet, giving much better control over the location of your slaves as they can just follow you about as you heal. It also helps when using formations keys to spread out the slaves as you have a better POV as a healer rather than a tank down the way surrounded by mobs.

So before I hit 58, I'll be switching my Druid tank to resto and replacing the holy priest with a new blood DK. I don't raid or do mythics ever, at all, but I'm pretty sure this is the better option over leading with a tank and trying to control your unruly slaves from a distance. And if you have a FTL setup you can easily switch leader to your tank for those big aoe pulls.

Anyway you can give me an example of your keybinding setup? Thanks.
<<

OnVentUK

Post Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:36 pm

alffonzy wrote:Anyway you can give me an example of your keybinding setup? Thanks.

Pretty straightforward.

F - Follow, G-Assist Leader and V - IWT.

R is my 'pull key' which makes my tank charge, casts a hot from healer, misdirection from hunter, shield up on mage etc...

1 is my 'kick' key which (should) run a round-robin sequence for each of my chars that I can interrupt spellcasting with (this isn't yet working as everybody still tries to interrupt).

Then I just use 2, 3 & 4 to run through different castsequences on all toons (2 is single-target dps, 3-is multi-target and 4-is for finishers), including the healer to spam the tank, occasional aoe heals and keep up any hots/shields on the tank. Other buttons are used for tanking specific abilities, formations, buffs etc..

I also use the ` key (the key next to 1) to make my slaves walk backwards (it comes in handy), more importantly I can also quickly tap it to make all slaves instantly stop following the tank without any effort from hands or brain, I use this key pretty much for every pull to position my slaves.

I like to make use of my right hand for specific tasks, so I have macros on some slaves to cast party#-specific big heals, decurses, cleanses etc.. and assign them to my kepad 1,2,3,4 & 5 so I can instantly help out any toon with most bad things.

I then use the arrow keys to control all 4 slaves at once to move them out of bad stuff whilst I tank, it isn't perfect which lead me to think that leading with the healer is the way to go for level 120 stuff, which I'm currently struggling with tbh.

Return to World of Warcraft