FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Account banned

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blurp888

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 am

Account banned

Just wanted to make a post to say that Blizzard banned by account. I only used ISOboxer to play a 5 man team. I had leveled them to around level 50.

They decided to ban my main account and not the others which is werid.

https://imgur.com/a/VK5GNq4

I'd requested a ISOboxer refund considering I can't use the software and it most likely caused me to lose my account. I didn't do anything else dodgy on my account so it has to be the use of ISOboxer.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:32 am

Re: Account banned

ISBoxer (not ISOBoxer), is not a cause of getting your account banned. It is even used by Blizzard employees.

Bans are also not given out for multiboxing, as Blizzard also have repeatedly said, throughout many years, that multiboxing is OK, and even gone out of their way to defend the playstyle - as well as differentiate what multiboxing is vs botting. THEY EVEN HAVE A POLICY ON IT. And just for luck, here's a bunch of quotes, and some more, and if I could find the video from Jeff Kaplan (VP of Blizzard), where he said he was multiboxing, I'd link that too.

Now, just to get it out of the way, the Policy says:
We do not actively support multiboxing tools.
In other words, if they be broke, and the game don't work with them, don't come to us for help. If you weren't allowed to use such tools, it would say "You cannot use multiboxing tools".

Sometimes however, repeated reports from other players may get you incorrectly suspended. However, as these reports are generally investigated and a GM determines that 1. you don't respond to their PM, and 2. the behaviour looks like you are botting rather than multiboxing, then you can be suspended. You can appeal, and sometimes it takes two or three rounds, but we have it on good measure, these are almost always overturned and your account reinstated, when there is no foul play.

Unfortunately, we can't help you with the process of appeal, only provide a small amount of sympathy.

That all said, if it will make you feel better to get a refund for InnerSpace (ISBoxer is free so there be no refunds given), and you are within the account policy timeframe, then by all means, please do so.
<<

blurp888

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:50 am

We'll see what happens when I appeal, horrible experience to pay for a suposedly TOS friendly tool, pay for multiple accounts to then have it removed under the assumption of breaking the game rules. By all means please don't see this as me saying that you're lying, just stating whats happened. Really sucks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:11 am

That is does suck.
ISBoxer is specifically designed to not break TOS, and the 700 odd people in the ISBoxer discord WoW channel would probably agree that it does not.

As only one toon got the boot, then the reason behind the suspension points less at anything to do with multiboxing or the potential "bot like behaviours" and group annoyances, and more at something personal to that toon. Most multiboxers who have been incorrectly suspended had all accounts in the group done at the same time.

If you feel like a read, this is a long recent thread detailing another users "wrongful suspension", which despite appearing to no longer have any avenues, managed to get it overturned in the end (this post). From that, I'd suggest you might want to get your appeal read by Supervisor Barroq (because they've had recent experience, not because their decision was great first time around).

Return to World of Warcraft