FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please help with healing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gustavogadea

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Please help with healing

I have watched Mirai's videos dozens of times and I am still not grasping how to implement Virtual anything. Please help.
I have a team called "Lucie Moonfal Aftersix" (DPS, Tank and healer). I have set keys 8 to = to respond to various healing macros for the healer and a keymap for that. When playing from the healer all macros work as intended. I have ensured my other 2 toons do not have anything assigned to those keys. I need some help to be able to press any of those keys and have my healer (Shaman) run those healing macros.
Here is the profile I'm using: https://pastebin.com/raw/LB3VYw0U
Thanks so much.
<<

wrenchman30

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:45 pm

Re: Please help with healing

if your macros work from the healer and not working as a slave your guy is probably walking and cant cast,
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:47 pm

You main problem is one of understanding how the mapped keys are loaded.

When you load key maps each character gets their own copy.
If a Key Map is assigned to a team, all members of that team will have a copy. If a Key Map is assigned to a character, that character gets a copy.
If that Key Map happens to have hotkeys in the Key Map, and the Key Map is NOT loaded for a character (whether directly or via the team), then those Hotkeys (and mapped keys), don't exist for that character.

So, your Shaman - Restoration Key Map, which has healing Hotkeys, is only assigned to the character AfterSix, which is basically the same as "when I load this character, this keymap should be loaded for this character" - note it might be unloaded at some later point by something, like the Key Maps toggle, if you configure it.

So, currently, because you only load the key map which has the hotkeys for the heals on a specific character, then it will only work if that Character happens to be the main, because ONLY that character has the hotkeys (and the actual mapped keys too).

Going further. When you press a key, it ALWAYS goes to the current active window. If the current active window has a matching Hotkey for a mapped key loaded, then it will execute that mapped key, otherwise it will fall through to the game. If you want the OTHER windows to do something in response to a key pressed, then the current active window, either tells those other windows directly what to press via a Hotkey/Mapped Key using a Keystroke Action, OR the hotkey/mapped key will execute a Do Mapped Key Action, to have the other windows execute a different mapped key, which those OTHER windows happen to have loaded in their set of Key Maps.
<<

gustavogadea

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 am

Thank you. I think I understand what you say. Even though only my healer will use those keys, the map has to be loaded for the entire team so it will execute from any window. And because the keys are only to activate shaman spells then other windows will receive the "key press" which will trigger my shaman's macros.
So my solution is to assign my Shaman - Restoration key map to the team rather than just to the Shaman.
I will try that. Thanks again.
<<

gustavogadea

Post Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:37 am

It worked. Thanks so much for the quick response.

Return to World of Warcraft