FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Interact with target-slaves don't loot.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

alffonzy

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 pm

Interact with target-slaves don't loot.

I have followed the instructions to the T. Watched the gif, watched the video, read the wiki, but I still can't figure out why my toons don't loot when I press the interact with target keybind. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. Keybinded H to interact w target on all 3 characters in game
2. File>clear to reset settings
3. Character set up wizard
4. Choose my 3 characters and when I got to the hotkeys section, I choose to bind H for interact with target. Everything else I left default.
5. Verified that both "interact with target" keybindings in base hotkeys and variable keystrokes are set to H.
6. File>Export all to innerspace.
7. Install fresh Jamba
8. Disable all addons except jamba
9. Launch game. Set up my party. Attempt to loot something. My master clicks on the corpse, and I press H.

Nothings happens. They don't move to loot the corpse. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong. I used ixboxer a few months ago with 2 toons and I never had this problem. Can anybody help me find a solution?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:47 pm

Re: Interact with target-slaves don't loot.

Does IWT work on other non looty things?

if not, then share your config
If so, then hard to know, maybe they aren't getting the target? watch the slaves to see if they pickup the same target as the main.
If they do, then switch to that toon, and press H. Does it work then? If so, then try the CPU strategy wizard, select All CPUs for All Games (last option in the drop down), export and try again.
If not, then a bit more digging may be required. Again share your config and we will try and figure out where to go from there.
<<

alffonzy

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:40 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried it on other things like clicking on the flight master or vendor and pressing the IWT hotkey. The characters don't interact. I followed the instructions you gave me to share the config. Here is the link.

https://pastebin.com/hmqtD5fL
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:30 am

Your config looks pretty good and nothing really sticks out.

If you can confirm whether the slaves pick up the same target as the main when pressing the IWT hotkey, that would be good. If they are not, then that would be a case of chasing down why the Assist doesn't work. Otherwise, if that works, then the only thing that really leaves is, other addons grabbing your H bind in game.

also, you have tried the obvious of restarting the team ?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:43 am

alffonzy wrote:8. Disable all addons except jamba

Are you disabling the ISBoxer add-on along with all the others? If so, you shouldn't be.
<<

alffonzy

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:03 am

bob wrote:Your config looks pretty good and nothing really sticks out.

If you can confirm whether the slaves pick up the same target as the main when pressing the IWT hotkey, that would be good. If they are not, then that would be a case of chasing down why the Assist doesn't work. Otherwise, if that works, then the only thing that really leaves is, other addons grabbing your H bind in game.

also, you have tried the obvious of restarting the team ?

Ahhh! so something interesting happened! I disabled all addons (including jamba) except isboxer. I have 3 characters I'm multiboxing, Draku, Yaku, and Waku. Draku is my main so I want him to be master. I tried pressing H, the IWT hotkey, on another toon. And guess what? It worked! The 2 others looted. When I try it on Draku, they don't respond. I re-enabled jamba, and no change. H responds only Waku and Yaku, but not Draku. This is interesting because when I first launched the game, I played with only Waku and Yaku to get through the introductory quests. Every other hotkey works as intended when I have Draku as master, and party leader, except this one.

Before I first sent you an e-mail, I tried resetting jamba, reinstalling it, abandoning the party, building my team again, and clearing and creating a new profile on ISboxer. I'm not sure what you mean by restarting the team?

Does this help narrow down the problem at all?

MiRai wrote:
alffonzy wrote:8. Disable all addons except jamba

Are you disabling the ISBoxer add-on along with all the others? If so, you shouldn't be.

I am keeping the isboxer addon as well, yes.

Could it be because Yaku and Waku are on KhazModan and Draku is on Azjo-Nerub? That would be odd since it Draku loots whenever I press H on Waku or Yaku.
Last edited by MiRai on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Posts
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:45 am

alffonzy wrote:Ahhh! so something interesting happened! I disabled all addons (including jamba) except isboxer. I have 3 characters I'm multiboxing, Draku, Yaku, and Waku. Draku is my main so I want him to be master. I tried pressing H, the IWT hotkey, on another toon. And guess what? It worked! The 2 others looted. When I try it on Draku, they don't respond. I re-enabled jamba, and no change. H responds only Waku and Yaku, but not Draku. This is interesting because when I first launched the game, I played with only Waku and Yaku to get through the introductory quests. Every other hotkey works as intended when I have Draku as master, and party leader, except this one.

Okay, from this point forward we don't really care about JAMBA, as it's a standalone add-on that is separate from ISBoxer and isn't required for follow, assist, or interact to function.

So, I would suggest that you look at your characters' chat windows (all of them) after you log into the game world or after you do a /reload. The ISBoxer add-on will print out some information, including the key binds that are conflicting. Anything listed with a modifier key and F11 or Backspace is going to cause problems, so I'd suggest you un-bind those.

Also outlined here - http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... _Attack.21

alffonzy wrote:Could it be because Yaku and Waku are on KhazModan and Draku is on Azjo-Nerub? That would be odd since it Draku loots whenever I press H on Waku or Yaku.

If you didn't tell ISBoxer which server(s) your characters were on, then yes... it could be. You can check this information by selecting each Character (in ISBoxer) and verifying that they're assigned to the correct server.
<<

alffonzy

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:37 pm

MiRai wrote:
alffonzy wrote:Ahhh! so something interesting happened! I disabled all addons (including jamba) except isboxer. I have 3 characters I'm multiboxing, Draku, Yaku, and Waku. Draku is my main so I want him to be master. I tried pressing H, the IWT hotkey, on another toon. And guess what? It worked! The 2 others looted. When I try it on Draku, they don't respond. I re-enabled jamba, and no change. H responds only Waku and Yaku, but not Draku. This is interesting because when I first launched the game, I played with only Waku and Yaku to get through the introductory quests. Every other hotkey works as intended when I have Draku as master, and party leader, except this one.

Okay, from this point forward we don't really care about JAMBA, as it's a standalone add-on that is separate from ISBoxer and isn't required for follow, assist, or interact to function.

So, I would suggest that you look at your characters' chat windows (all of them) after you log into the game world or after you do a /reload. The ISBoxer add-on will print out some information, including the key binds that are conflicting. Anything listed with a modifier key and F11 or Backspace is going to cause problems, so I'd suggest you un-bind those.

Also outlined here - http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... _Attack.21

alffonzy wrote:Could it be because Yaku and Waku are on KhazModan and Draku is on Azjo-Nerub? That would be odd since it Draku loots whenever I press H on Waku or Yaku.

If you didn't tell ISBoxer which server(s) your characters were on, then yes... it could be. You can check this information by selecting each Character (in ISBoxer) and verifying that they're assigned to the correct server.

OK so I did a /reload and I noticed that F11 and the bracket key "[" were causing issues. So I unbound F11 from toggle bags and I rebinded [ to control P on all my toons. I existed the game, then relogged on. The chat window no longer shows the conflicted keybindings. Everything looks clear in that area. However, the same issue still persists. I can use the IWT on Yaku and Waku and it works for all 3 characters. But IWT doesn't trigger on other toons when I'm on Draku. I've verified whether or not they are on the correct servers in ISBOXER and they are.

Any other ideas?
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:35 pm

So, I think you might need to remove the - from the server name for Draku. Space should be fine. Once done, Export to Inner Space, do a /reloadui in game on all toons (or relaunch your character set), and see if that helps.
<<

alffonzy

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:52 pm

bob wrote:So, I think you might need to remove the - from the server name for Draku. Space should be fine. Once done, Export to Inner Space, do a /reloadui in game on all toons (or relaunch your character set), and see if that helps.

Will you look at that? It worked! Thank you!

Return to World of Warcraft