FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PvP/Warmode and Follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

beztoken

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:44 am

PvP/Warmode and Follow

So its been known that following has been disabled in BGs for quite some time now, but you can't follow in open world PvP either? I have warmode on and once someone hits me everything goes wrong because "you can't follow a player in PvP combat."
This is pretty dumb. I figured the workout would be enabling broadcast, but delays and small sync issues causes an uncontrollable environment for other FXs. When warmode is off, if you get hit by a guard everyone stops following as well.

So right now I'm basically at the point where if I get hit by anything with the tag PvP in their name I just sit there and wait to die because melee toons and they just stop walking.

Is there a workaround/solution for this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:15 pm

Re: PvP/Warmode and Follow

beztoken wrote:So right now I'm basically at the point where if I get hit by anything with the tag PvP in their name I just sit there and wait to die because melee toons and they just stop walking.

If you're playing melee characters, then why not just use Interact with Target? Plenty of multiboxers are still out there PvP'ing with War Mode enabled.

beztoken wrote:Is there a workaround/solution for this?

The only solution is to play melee characters and use Interact with Target, otherwise there is no workaround.
<<

beztoken

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:06 pm

So I went and followed the instructions in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotatio ... Rw#t=7m47s for IWT.

I then saw that my characters weren't moving towards any target, but would interact with in range targets. So I went to watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_6Q9Y0et6c. I don't have click to move, the addon is enabled, the bindings and keymaps are all copied from the initial tutorial. As far as I can tell I don't have any of the bindings in the troubleshooting video either.

https://pastebin.com/8sz3bxVG
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm

You've changed the ISB42 - Party, Interact With Target - Standard to not use Click To Move at all. Sadly, CTM is needed so the toons move.

You'll need to set this item so it runs the Click To Move On mapped key.
<<

beztoken

Post Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:33 pm

Got it, thanks. Works now :).
<<

beztoken

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 am

Going to reply to this post instead of making a new one.

Now that I've gotten my characters to follow and assist on my target, it makes things easier, but sometimes when i'm trying to run away, I press a move speed button, and it causes my FXs to run towards a target. How do I go about changing this?
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:57 am

As you've continued the Interact With Target post, I assume you mean you press some hotkey which triggers IWT, and because of Assist Delay, i.e. the lag time between your main acquiring a target, and letting every other toon know which target it has acquired - because it has to round trip to the server and back, that the Assist in the IWT picks up the mains last target, and tries to interact. Can't do much about that. Its just the way it is.

If that is not what you mean at all, then 1. a different topic should have been started, and 2. you should explain what a "move speed button" is.
<<

beztoken

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 am

As a DK, once I press wraith walk, with a target, my FXs will walk to that target as if they will be melee'ing that target, when instead I am trying to run away.

I try to counter this by immediately spamming my follow button right away, but sometimes they just keep heading to the enemy target.
<<

bob

Post Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:28 am

Sounds more like a game mechanic issue that would be resolved by having a macro that ensured your toons did not have a mob as a target (and perhaps your main instead) before triggering the Wraith Walk.
<<

Sindorei

Post Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:59 am

Generally speaking, is enabling click-to-move an alternative for everybody in the open world? I'm not exactly sure where /follow is used and where not.
I play a tank/4 caster team, and am not interested in world PvP - just efficient farming of world quests. So I haven't had problems so far, buuuut ... just in case some baddy decides to make trouble I'd hate to have 4/5 of my team turned into turrets.
I also was expecting this issue to be more of a hot topic here. Am I just late to the party?

Return to World of Warcraft