FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer don't save language

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BotFighter

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:47 pm

ISBoxer don't save language

I use ISBoxer to play WoW on servers with different languages.
I've set a different config.wtf for teams with different language, but i still need to manually change language before i want to switch.
Is it possible to make ISBoxer "keep" the game language for each team?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: ISBoxer don't save language

For ISBoxer to apply a different virtual file, you need to exit the game and load a new team from nothing. When it loads the game, the config file is read, so switching characters and doing a quick switch between them wont load a different config file if the game instance is still running.

So. How are you switching teams ?
<<

BotFighter

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:04 am

To change language you should restart the game, so i quit the game, launch a new team, and it launched in previous language.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:40 am

Right, you mentioned you had set a different WTF.

ISBoxer, by default, creates specific WTF files per character (see virtual files). So if you launch a different team with different characters, then setting the language would be on the previous characters WTF files, not on the newly launched characters.

If you wanted to use your existing characters and have different languages depending on which team you launch, you would need to duplicate all the characters in question, update their virtual files to be different than the pre copy characters, and then create some new character sets using those new toons (probably named appropriately for the language). If they are specific toons only, then you just need to update those specific toons WTF files to start up with the appropriate language.

It would be possible to have less WTFs if you prefer and point the characters to it if you only wanted to manage two, one for each language. If you do this, then the graphics and audio settings will be the same across all the toons. You could of course have more than two seeing as the default is one per character.

Return to World of Warcraft