FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

With confirmation of vanilla server by Blizzard..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cyphoner

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:25 am

With confirmation of vanilla server by Blizzard..

In the future they will set a classic server up so this is not in regards to private servers.

Will Isboxer work on such thing, not just the program itself but also in regards to the addon - Will one be specificially designed to support classic and 1 for latest expansion, or will it not be supported at all, in any way?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:02 am

Re: With confirmation of vanilla server by Blizzard..

There is no known reason why ISBoxer would not work with Classic. If it can be done, it will be supported. At the moment, there is no Classic to verify this on, but Blizzard have already indicated Classic wont actually be running the original code, but rather the current code base but supporting the removal of features that came with the new code base, and based upon that, there is a great chance it will just work OOTB. We will really just need to wait and see when they release something, like a test realm of Classic, so we can test upon it.

As for the Addon system. Who knows on that one. Addons weren't***** supported with 1.12, but as they've indicated, there is a bit of LUA in the current version for some things (although these are specifically mentioned as server side), so it might come with the Addon system, but I suspect not if they really want to go down the recreation of an "authentic classic experience". That said. The Addons are not actually required, they just happen to make things easier.

/e
****** OK appears they were, but certain things just didn't work the same way, so the ISBoxer Addon doesn't work in 1.12
Last edited by bob on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: yeah, fucked that right up....
<<

Cyphoner

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:29 am

Yes, i was just thinking of the reply under FAQ: http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Will_this_w ... _server.3F in regards to the question about addons.

On a personal matter, are you sure there was no addons back then? I distinctly remember using something called Cosmos in the very beginning (it even had auto-pot before blizzard added restrictions to the lua), lol.

And i recall something called wowinterface or such in the early beginning. But the amount does not compare to todays WoW ofc.

I still have flashbacks from tabbing back and forth between WoW window and Thottbot and allakhazam to check for clues to questing.. ^^
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:42 am

No I'm not 100%, and yes, it looks like I was quite wrong. A quick look around indicates there was some kind of macro system, but I'm fairly sure it was not the Addon system as we know it today (hence the FAQ entry).
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:47 am

bob wrote:Addons weren't supported with 1.12

Add-ons were definitely around in 1.12. I don't know if the add-on API was available at the launch of the game, so add-on functionality may have not shown up until like patch 1.3 (which is confusing because .3 > .12, and it should've been named 1.03 or something like that).

There's also much debate around whether or not Blizzard is just going to use their API from today on the older game client. Simply because, if they don't, then add-on authors would, in some cases, be expected to maintain two different versions of a single add-on, and that could get messy and confusing, especially since it's expected that you'll be launching Classic from the same folder as we currently launch retail from, and so they'd be sharing an interface/add-ons folder.

Return to World of Warcraft