FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is it safe to use a Mapped Key step this way?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Jccdoom

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Is it safe to use a Mapped Key step this way?

Hello everyone, i was wondering if it's safe to use a Mapped Key Step action to execute two WoW Macros. (In one single step)

For example:

DPS Rotation
-Advanced
-Steps
--1 : WoW macro 'Shadow Bolt' in 'Affliction Warlock' -> self
----Actions
-----WoW macro 'Unstable Affliction' in 'Affliction Warlock' -> self
-----WoW macro 'Shadow Bolt' in 'Affliction Warlock' -> self

This way when my Warlocks don't have any soul shard available to cast Unstable Affliction they will start to cast Shadow Bolt instead, and it works great.
But im not sure if this goes against the TOS on the subject of one key per action.

Any information about this subject will be pleasantly welcome!.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Re: Is it safe to use a Mapped Key step this way?

This has been asked many times, and the answer is, there is nothing wrong with it.
Why, well because you need to setup key combinations for each of those macros, and there is nothing stopping you from pressing those key combinations at the same time in a normal game, and letting the game take care of how it interprets it.
In fact, there is nothing wrong with you pressing down every single key on your keyboard at the same time, and letting the game interpret it how it will. That is effectively what you are doing, but you are using a single trigger. A bit like having a block of wood, that enables you to press down specific keys at the same time. All perfectly allowable, because it is left up to the game engine to determine what to do with the input.

There are other explanations out there too as to why it is allowable, but the general gist is, 1. as long as there are no automated delays between things (which ISBoxer doesn't do any delays when sending things to the game), then it is ok, and 2. as long as it is left to the game to interpret the input, then it is ok. Other than that, you can press as many keys as you like to achieve the result. ISBoxer just happens to enable you to press 1 key to get the result, rather than have a block of wood handy.
<<

Jccdoom

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:26 am

Thank you Bob, I hadn't found clear information about it but your response gives me peace of mind.

Happy multiboxing!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:10 pm

I shouldn't have been so lazy the first time around, this thread wasn't that hard to find after all, and is a better answer too.

Return to World of Warcraft