FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Not Launching with ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BigWalt

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:30 pm

WoW Not Launching with ISBoxer

Just got a new PC and I can't get ISBoxer to launch WoW. I've tried Wow Launcher/Wow DX11, WoW Default and changing numerous other options. I just had this working on my previous PC. I could just be forgetting something that needs to be done but I believe I've covered all my bases.

Compatibility Diagnostics: https://pastebin.com/5AsnS1La
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Re: WoW Not Launching with ISBoxer

Only things that look a bit out of place are that Stardock start button injecting into the process, and the NVidia 3d driver control panel.

So, try without the Stardock Start button running, and remove the NVidia 3d driver.
<<

BigWalt

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:24 am

@bob I appreciate the quick response. I uninstalled both the nVidia 3D Driver and 3D Driver Controller and restarted, but no dice. The Stardock start button I had installed on my last computer and it didn't interfere with ISBoxer, but I uninstalled it anyways so I could provide cleaner compatibility diagnostics:

https://pastebin.com/K21TYdfY
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:14 am

Other than also shutting down the Vive and HTC processes to test, I don't see anything odd about your diagnostic outside of the fact that you're using the Pro N version of the OS, which could be potentially missing some features that may be required.

Did you copy over your prior Inner Space folder or did you install fresh?
<<

BigWalt

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:08 am

Hmm...how strange.

I think I've used Pro N before without issues.

I did a fresh install of InnerSpace and ISBoxer.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:16 pm

BigWalt wrote:I did a fresh install of InnerSpace and ISBoxer.

I only asked because if you had copied anything over from your other computer, that maybe the paths were incorrect and the game wasn't launching because of that. I guess it's worth a shot, anyway, so open up the Inner Space console (right-click IS tray icon > console), and watch what it says when you launch a Character Set.

You can also try using the development version of Inner Space, as well (right-click IS tray icon > patcher > enable download development (test) patches > restart IS).
<<

BigWalt

Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:14 pm

The error I'm seeing in Console is "ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'name of my character-server ' Game 'World of Warcraft' has no profile 'World of Warcaft DirextX11 64-bit " !

Seems odd because I've logged into this character a number of times on this PC including just now AND I don't have the character set to DirectX11 in this character set. I have it set to Default.

Update: I just uninstalled InnerSpace/ISBoxer and reintalled and it works fine. Thanks for the help, MiRai, and love the YouTube channel!

Return to World of Warcraft