FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sharing addon settings between accounts?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Einzbern

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:53 pm

Sharing addon settings between accounts?

I know about copying the WTF folder, and the works fine. The issue/annoyance is with addons I make constant changes to: Weakauras, Rematch, Grid2, and maybe a few more. Having to constantly recopy addon settings is getting old. Anyone know of an easy workaround?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:01 pm

Re: Sharing addon settings between accounts?

Sounds like you have multiple WoW folders, which is not needed for ISBoxer.
If you are copying regularly, then maybe a batch file would be handy.
<<

Einzbern

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Naw, I only have one WoW folder. If oyu didn't know, the way account/addon settings in WoW work is that there's the WTF folder, then inside of that there's a folder for each account, and finally within those are addon and account settings for each of them.

Regardless, a guildie that's also dualboxing told me about symlinks, so I'm going to try that later tonight.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:08 pm

Symlinks might not work out well if you've got multiple game clients trying to write to the same file at the same time, and you might end up just corrupting the file instead.

Other than simply configuring your UI at the same time across characters that span all of your accounts while broadcasting the mouse and keyboard, you could maybe make some sort of batch file to copy specific Lua files to other hard-coded locations, but that's beyond my expertise.
<<

Einzbern

Post Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:57 pm

Yeah, I've noticed the issue with changes and running 2 clients at the same time. Trying to get into the habit of logging out of the second account whenever I make a change.

Return to World of Warcraft