FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

GUI Keeps Dismounting In Instances

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Duukeo

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm

GUI Keeps Dismounting In Instances

I've noticed a problem on both the beta and now in the live game.

Whenever I take my duo-box into any kind of instance, the party leader of my two characters loses the GUI of ISBoxer and my WoW UI stops responding to the keyboard. The 2nd character (the non-party leader) is unaffected.

Restarting the client does not help. Relaunching the character set without closing the windows does not help. I have to fully close both game clients and relaunch the character set. I have all addons updated. The problem is also there with no addons switched on. I also have ISBoxer updated, currently using version 42.6.717.1.

Can you help me fix this please. I did not have this problem in Legion.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Re: GUI Keeps Dismounting In Instances

This is a newly reported issue with one of the new graphics effects in BfA. There will be a fix as soon as possible.

In the meantime if you're using different graphics settings between your two clients, that might explain why one breaks and the other does not. It's possible that adjusting (lowering or disabling) graphics options will work as a temporary workaround for the moment.

Let me know if that helps. This is a current topic of discussion in our Discord as well
<<

Duukeo

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know which graphics setting it's related to?

My graphics settings between the two are identical. The only difference is for the party lead in the !Voice Chat menu it's showing Output Device and Microphone Device as "Custom/Invalid Device" whereas for the non-leader it correctly shows "System Default". The party leader character also shows no response when I press the Test Microphone button.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:43 pm

If I knew I would have just said to change the specific option. :)

Unfortunately this is a brand new issue, we are still collecting information, and we have not confirmed a workaround.

You can try on your own to lower/disable your graphics settings -- one person who reports not having this issue yet says he has his main on 7 and his slaves on 1.

And again, this is a topic of current, ongoing discussion on our Discord, feel free to join the conversation there as well (in the text chat). https://discord.me/isboxer
<<

Darkmod

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:34 am

This keeps happening to me as well. Lavish just vanishes/un-Hooks from wow, no errors or crashes to the wow client. This only happens to me during instance/boss fights.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:46 am

Inner Space development build 6305 is now available with the fix.

This build will go live ASAP (probably within a day), but until then to try the fix: Right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

Duukeo

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

The patch fixed the problem for me, thank you very much.

Any word on what the problem was?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:48 am

Just a minor detail of the way some of the graphics effects work -- which happen to be different from before and happen to be different from the other supported games -- ended up busting Inner Space.

So for example in Battle for Lordaeron scenario you could step in fire or the green poison and take damage, and the way these effects work would happen to break it.

Thanks for confirming the fix. Have fun :)
<<

Duukeo

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am

Thank you :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am

Inner Space build 6305 is now LIVE.

You may un-tick the "Download development (test) patches" option and keep the fix. :)

Return to World of Warcraft