FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Character Set Not Launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

kittymowwmow

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:11 pm

Character Set Not Launching

When I launch my character set 3 things can happen: no game launches, 1 game launches, 1-4/5 game launches. It never launches all 5 games only a few. When I try to launch a character set slot its the same, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and it never gets the 5 account slot to open. I've only been able to launch all 5 games successfully once.

https://pastebin.com/sjAmNU9P
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:19 pm

Re: Character Set Not Launching

You will need to remove the "Disable Full Screen Optimizations" application compatibility setting from WoW.exe (and possibly the launcher).

You can either edit the registry and remove these entries (you could remove all the WoW entries) - or more specifically, the DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE item.
Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
0 G:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe: ~ DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE RUNASADMIN
0 G:\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe: ~ DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE RUNASADMIN

Or do it the old school way, and find the Exe or Icon on your desktop, right click it, select Properties, Goto Compatibility tab, and untick the tick box. As your icon is probably only for the launcher, you will probably need to find the exe's in G:\World of Warcraft\
<<

kittymowwmow

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:23 pm

bob wrote:You will need to remove the "Disable Full Screen Optimizations" application compatibility setting from WoW.exe (and possibly the launcher).

You can either edit the registry and remove these entries (you could remove all the WoW entries) - or more specifically, the DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE item.
Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
0 G:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe: ~ DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE RUNASADMIN
0 G:\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe: ~ DISABLEDXMAXIMIZEDWINDOWEDMODE RUNASADMIN

Or do it the old school way, and find the Exe or Icon on your desktop, right click it, select Properties, Goto Compatibility tab, and untick the tick box. As your icon is probably only for the launcher, you will probably need to find the exe's in G:\World of Warcraft\

I'll have to try this when I get the chance didn't even think about doing that. Been banging my head against the wall for 2 hours. Can't thank you enough!
<<

kittymowwmow

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:15 pm

This didn't seem to work. I unchecked the Disable full screen optimization and nothing is launching
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:29 pm

If you did both the wow.exe and the world of Warcraft launcher.exe, then perhaps we need a fresh compatibility diagnostic on whatever InnerSpace is attempting to launch.
Have a look at the Inner Space console (right click Inner Space, select Console, maybe close the config window so you can see the Uplink). Then launch your team. The uplink will show the executable InnerSpace is trying to launch. That is what we want the diagnostic on.

Return to World of Warcraft