FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow in dugeons in fight breaks

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mythica

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 am

Follow in dugeons in fight breaks

https://pastebin.com/NXGFtfqY that is my pastebin isboxer profile

I have a Paladin Tank and 4 Shaman Healers, when fighting they all help out with DPSing and the follow did not break in 7.5
Now in 8.0 when fighting the follow breaks. ( had no issues in legion) haven't changed keybindings or such.
Is there a way i can setup again that during a fight the minions will always follow until i command them with a key to not follow me anymore?

Edith: I have tested it out, and have an idea why it breaks, when my minions get attacked (hurt) the follow breaks. Do not know if that is the issue, do not think i had that issue before
I also use the new Jamba, and set up to follow the master as strobe target. Will test further to see if i can keep my minions followed until i order them to not follow
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Follow in dugeons in fight breaks

Where have you been?

It's been discussed many times, the update in BfA, that Follow will now break when in combat.
This may or may not apply only if you happen to have War Mode selected on, but I would expect it to end up applying everywhere eventually.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 pm

bob wrote:Where have you been?

It's been discussed many times, the update in BfA, that Follow will now break when in combat.
This may or may not apply only if you happen to have War Mode selected on, but I would expect it to end up applying everywhere eventually.

I don't have a solution for the OP (other than suggesting JAMBA Follow Strobe), but the limitation of follow only affects PvP combat, in War Mode. I have not seen anyone else talk about follow being hindered, otherwise.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:40 pm

MiRai wrote:in War Mode. I have not seen anyone else talk about follow being hindered, otherwise.

That is true, and I can't say I'd seen it discussed either. I had seen some people report that certain NPC's were also excluded too, so figured that maybe one or more of those NPC's happened to be encountered. This does highlight my lack of knowledge of WoW, and I'll butt out of this for now.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:36 pm

bob wrote:I had seen some people report that certain NPC's were also excluded too, so figured that maybe one or more of those NPC's happened to be encountered.

This is true - certain NPCs in PvP-related quests of faction-specific camp/town/city guards will flag you for "PvP combat," hindering follow, although you'd generally have to go out of your way to encounter these NPCs.

It's also true that the OP didn't mention where this is happening, so it may be safe to assume that this was a "Warden Tower" PvP world quest.

Return to World of Warcraft