Launching Char Set only loads one screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thira

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:07 am

Launching Char Set only loads one screen

Hi guys!

I hope to get help with the following problem:
Recently reinstalled ISboxer and I think there is a process interfering with the launch.
When I launch my Character Set, it only launch one screen. Can't use the GUI and it doesn't fit to the Window Layout that I picked.

Compatibility Diagnostics:
https://pastebin.com/t1PvYmdw

ISBoxer Toolkit Profile:
https://pastebin.com/qKsM3sWB

As far as I know, every Antivirus and Firewall has been disabled/uninstalled, the latest drivers are installed and Windows is fully updated.
Really hope anyone can find something, 'cause I'm at a loss.

With kind regards,

Thira
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Re: Launching Char Set only loads one screen

You will need to remove the Win7RTM application compatibility flag from InnerSpace.

i.e. find C:\Program Files\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe right click, select properties, Compatibility, and unselect the options.
<<

Thira

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Hey bob,

Thanks for your swift reply!
Unfortunatly, there where no boxes checked in the Compatibilty tab.
As shown in image: https://ibb.co/nbuMzJ

Should I look elsewhere for other Compatibility options?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Thira wrote:Should I look elsewhere for other Compatibility options?

Yes, in the registry.

https://gfycat.com/FluidWateryGroundhog
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Yeah, I can't see anything else, and I can see that InnerSpace is not running from that folder. In fact it is running from a folder it is not normally in at all which is a bit odd, unless you copy/pasted to install and put things in odd folders. It makes me wonder if it all will tie up, and maybe ISBoxer is pointing at the wrong location.
<<

Thira

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Hey bob and MiRai,

Thanks for the help so far!
I've found the entry in the registery and deleted it.
Tried it afterwards, but still 1 window opening.

Tried to reinstall as well, had a hunch, but no result either.

@bob: What do you mean by wrong location? Isboxer->Innerspace or vice versa? Or towards the client maybe?

Sorry to bother you guys with this, I've used ISboxer in the past with great pleasure and have encountered some difficulties before. Which I always could solve through existing documentation, so your help is much appreciated!
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

When I looked at your paste, the process InnerSpace was showing it launched from c:\program files\InnerSpace\x64\x64\InnerSpace.exe
and ISboxer toolkit was launched from c:\program files\InnerSpace\x64\ISBoxer Toolkit.exe.

The default installation path is c:\Program files(x86)\InnerSpace, so you have either changed this during installation to c:\program files\InnerSpace\x64, or you have somehow copied the files around and managed to get yourself an odd install path. While ISboxer/InnerSpace should be able to run from wherever they were installed, it is possible that the \x64\x64 sub folders might confuse something a bit (I don't know the complete method it uses to figure out which folder it should be in), as it might inadvertently store something in a folder which it is not expecting due to the double up.

Unless you have a wonderful config (which you could File -> Save As), then I'd suggest deleting the c:\program files\InnerSpace folder (and all it's contents), and re-installing from the website (you can download the installer first, and do Run As Admin on it to make sure nothing goes awry), and just install to the default location.
<<

Thira

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:32 pm

Re-installation in C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace gives the same problems as before.

In the past days I've fixed 2 other issues:
Cabinet file: During installation there was a error coming up saying that 'A Cabinet file necessary for Installation cannot be trusted'. Solved this by adding d3dx9_37.dll as DirectX.
Driver: My GTX 1050 needed a driver update, which repeatedly failed. In the end, this got solved with Windows Update.
Not sure if it's relevant, but maybe it'll help. Really want to multibox again =D.
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Thira wrote:Cabinet file: During installation there was a error coming up saying that 'A Cabinet file necessary for Installation cannot be trusted'. Solved this by adding d3dx9_37.dll as DirectX.
That's kind of weird, and points to potentially some corruption.
It is possible Microsoft have managed to break the DirectX update somehow, but the file you want is https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=35, and if you download, and run as admin to install, should resolve any issues there. If not, then perhaps open up an admin command prompt and run "sfc /scannow"

Thira wrote:Driver: My GTX 1050 needed a driver update, which repeatedly failed. In the end, this got solved with Windows Update.
Even weirder. The normal drivers from Nvidia should be perfectly suitable, and more current that those from Microsoft Update (which tends to be behind annoyingly, yet pushing out an "update".
<<

Thira

Post Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:45 pm

I think I'm onto something, thanks to your reply!
When I try to run the directx setup, it gives an error: (loosely translated from dutch) There has been an internal systemfailure. Check logs.

This goes beyond the scope of helping with ISboxer, but I've shared the logs it refers to:
log: DirectX
https://pastebin.com/8fkDMxb3

log: DXError
Strangely, that file is not there.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft