FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New character set keystroke issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SilverFox2642

Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:16 pm

New character set keystroke issues

Here's my configuration: https://pastebin.com/raw/cExdPXM8

I'm new to Isboxer but I'm slowly figuring things out and have two characters sets running perfectly.

However, in my third set, I am having an issue with toggling. It's bizarre. I set up the initial character and set the same way as the previous sets but with this one, every time I clicked on an ability or a spell on my action bar, it toggled another window. I checked my keybindings and turned off any window toggle that had a shift modifier. Now my "interact with target" hotkey, set to number pad 8 which works just fine in the other sets, is toggling my character sheet, which is keybound in game to i. I am also having issues with assisting in this set, as the character on my second PC is throwing up an error message when I try to assist the main character. I'm getting a "You have no target" message.

I'm not entirely sure why the third set isn't working because I've set them up the exact same way. My guess would be that the FTL modifiers were the same and a message popped up asking me if I wanted Isboxer to try to fix it - but I have no idea what that means or where to fix it.

I've been reading through other threads and spotted one that was a bit over my head, about each set needing to be different.

Why is this the case? Could I not set up one generic set and run any two characters using it? I'm only using two accounts, and I'm running two PCs, but I have half a dozen sets and plan to add more. I have yet to test some of the sets.

*edit... Now assist/interact with target isn't working on any of them. I'm working on it and will delete this if I figure it out before someone posts.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: New character set keystroke issues

Because your sets are anonymised, and you have a lot, I don't really know which one is having the issue.

WoW has fall through on keystrokes, so if you send CTRL+SHIFT+I to the game, and nothing is bound to that, WoW will then check CTRL+I and if nothing is bound to that, it will check SHIFT+I and if nothing is bound to that it will check i, and if something is bound to that, it will execute it. Why did I go through this? Your ingame IWT should be CTRL+SHIFT+I according to your profile, but I suspect it is probably missing on your character that is opening the character sheet.

When running multi PC, the FTL assignments on each slot on all the active character sets, need to have a unique FTL combination. If you run 2 character sets, then you would check each slot across both sets to make sure the FTL combination was unique per slot, across both sets.
Looking at your multi PC sets, it looks like ISBoxer has fixed it up for you.

Not sure about your Assist at this time. If the ISBoxer Addon is loaded, and the character names are correct, then the issue is usually because you have the wrong character in the wrong slot, which ISBoxer would normally tell you about. If is was because the FTL combo was wrong, and you exported and did not restart your team, then you would need to do a "/console reloadui" in game.

Yes, you could have two generic sets. Before each use, you would drag in your desired characters to the respective slots, do an export, and then load the team. If you wanted to swap when in game, then you camp, drag in the characters to the respective slots, export, load the characters. Only thing you need to make sure of here, is that the right character for the account that is loaded goes to the right slot.
<<

SilverFox2642

Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Re: New character set keystroke issues

Ok! Thanks for your help! I was wondering if WoW had fall through - that's why I removed the shift modifiers on the interface windows.

I figured out the assist issue. My assist leader hotkey had become unmapped, probably because I didn't save it. I was assuming that exporting to both machines would automatically save the data, but it doesn't seem to have done so. It may have also gotten corrupted during an internet disconnect that I had earlier today. Whatever the case, when I fixed the map, assist started working just fine again.

I also made sure the master had the keybinding in WoW set to control+shift+I for interact with target and it has fixed the interface window popup issue. I'm not sure I understand the logic, though - why does it need to be set on the master if it's a command being sent to the slave? I've double checked all of my character sets and no character is credited to the wrong account.

After reading your description of how to use generic sets, I also think I've set up single character sets the wrong way. I have a bunch of single character sets and some that have two. What I've been doing is creating single sets for all of my characters, then copying the main and dragging a second set to the bottom window to create a set with two characters. Is that necessary, or could I just do it with a character instead of a set? I could get rid of the "single" sets that way. I hope that made sense. As it is, I had to read your post several times to absorb everything you were saying, so I'm getting it slowly, but surely.

Return to World of Warcraft