Problem with a new set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shino

Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Problem with a new set

Hello
I need some help for a new team
I already made character sets in the past and all was fine but today i tied to make a new one and when i launch it, after the export was sucessfull, the blizzard launcher pops up and ask for an upgrade (that doesn't need) and the i got an error (ask me to run as admin for the update)
So i tried to launch the older sets but they works fine, all of them
I tried to delete the new set, copy one of the older that works and change only the characters and still nothing, tried to make a new set with the wizard and changed the "wow launcher" with "wow 64 bit", "wow diretix11 64 bit" etc.. always exporting, trying and then deleting and exporting again every time
I'm a newbie still and don't use any special setting so i'm sure that i am making the new set like all the other ones i already made
Any ideas?
Thanks and sorry for my english :?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:27 am

Re: Problem with a new set

Shino wrote:So i tried to launch the older sets but they works fine, all of them

The older sets that are working use the launcher as well, or they use a different profile?

Shino wrote:I tried to delete the new set, copy one of the older that works and change only the characters and still nothing, tried to make a new set with the wizard and changed the "wow launcher" with "wow 64 bit", "wow diretix11 64 bit" etc.. always exporting, trying and then deleting and exporting again every time

When changing to a non-launcher profile, are you saying that the launcher still appears when launching that Character Set? If that's the case, then it doesn't sound as if you're changing all of the Characters' Game Profiles to a non-launcher profile. You can look at the IS Console (right-click IS tray icon > console > bring the console window to the front) to see the game path that is being used when IS launches a Character Set.
<<

Shino

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Hello
I don't know where i can check this but i am quite sure i used the wow default option for the older sets and when i start them no launcher opens but only the wow game window that log in automatically
I used the same option with the new set and there is a small window with "starting battle net" and then the launcher asking for an update come up
I just remake the new set, to be sure the option was on "wow directx11 64bit" for all characters and then start the set, yes still open the launcher and as you said this is what the console shows --> https://ibb.co/fRsM5J (launcher.exe) not sure what i am doing wrong :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:00 pm

Check your older characters vs your newer characters and see what the Game/Game Profile says.

Make sure they are all the same.
<<

Shino

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:06 pm

bob wrote:Check your older characters vs your newer characters and see what the Game/Game Profile says.

Make sure they are all the same.

THAT! Thank you sooo much, the first charcater of the new set was set on "launcher" somehow while everyone else on default; I changed that and now the new set works perfectly fine :DD
Thanks both of you for your time ^^

Return to World of Warcraft