FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Assist and Auto-Assist not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

yinne

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:34 pm

Assist and Auto-Assist not working

Hi guys, profile is here: https://pastebin.com/wX6Y2jbX

I've set up 5 hunters and configured the follow and interact with target perfectly. I must have screwed something up in the wizard, because the assist is not working at all.

I've tried the debugger console and I can see follow me and interact with target in the debug window on all game clients, but the assist Me is only showing on the active window.

I've tried deleting the character set and creating a new one through the wizard but that hasn't worked either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Yinne
<<

yinne

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 pm

Re: Assist and Auto-Assist not working

I've also had the Assist FTL short cut in Variable Keystrokes set to Backspace as default although this does nothing in game for me.
<<

yinne

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:15 pm

I have now used the "clear" function in IS Boxer and started from scratch. Only setting up one character profile with the 5 hunters, assist, follow and interact keybinds, variable of G for interact.

Nothing else has been configured.

https://pastebin.com/kdSGTtGm

When I use the binding alt + a to assist, my other chars say "you do not have a pet". When I summon pets, the assist key bind makes the other hunters use the "intimidation" spell.

I've got no keybinds for this key combo and I've used a macro to confirm, and also reset keybindings. I get the same problem. This is for both the alt + a but also any "auto assist" spells on 1 - =
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 pm

yinne wrote:I've also had the Assist FTL short cut in Variable Keystrokes set to Backspace as default although this does nothing in game for me.

That Variable Keystroke has no use in ISBoxer when using the default setup for World of Warcraft.

yinne wrote:When I use the binding alt + a to assist, my other chars say "you do not have a pet". When I summon pets, the assist key bind makes the other hunters use the "intimidation" spell.

What is the Intimidation spell bound to, in game?
<<

yinne

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:51 am

Intimidation is set to Shift + 8 (sorry I should have mentioned this)
<<

yinne

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:06 am

OK weirdly, I've created a new profile for my DKs and I can see the backspace shortcut on the shift-8 key also. (main window)

https://i.imgur.com/q37lwzb.jpg
<<

yinne

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:18 am

So Shift + 8 auto assigns these other shortcuts with backspace.

In this screenshot I've cleared keybindings, then set the button to Shift +9, Shift + 7 and finally Shift + 8

As soon as I do Shift + 8 it auto assigns the other keybinds with backspace.
<<

yinne

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 am

unbound that key totally and the assist now works as intended. I'm assuming this is just Elvui being a pain then.... ugh
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 pm

yinne wrote:As soon as I do Shift + 8 it auto assigns the other keybinds with backspace.

It's because you aren't disabling Key Map before assigning key binds, in game.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#I_recently_ ... 7t_work.3F
<<

yinne

Post Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:01 am

Dude, legendary. That's the one!

Thank you so much! :)

Loving your vids on youtube, multiboxology. Levelled 5 hunter team 85-92 in a couple of hours yesterday and looking forward to trying healing for the first time (video 6) :'|

Return to World of Warcraft