FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BFA no longer follow ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

adamwow

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:58 am

BFA no longer follow ?

Hello,

I got a question about new expansion. Is follow no longer in Open PVP zones like everywhere we can multibox and gather herbs ores etc?
WIll be thankful for answer someone who has played Beta.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:45 am

Re: BFA no longer follow ?

You cannot follow a character (or a PVP tagged NPC) while you, or that character is engaged in PVP combat.

These are the error strings implemented in the game.

ERR_INVALID_FOLLOW_PVP_COMBAT (New) - You can't follow units while engaged in PVP.
ERR_INVALID_FOLLOW_TARGET_PVP_COMBAT (New) - You can't follow units engaged in PVP.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:40 am

A few things worth noting here that a lot of people seem to miss.

Ashran and Battleground zones had follow permanently disabled, on a zone-wide basis, a long time ago. We asked if they could let us have /follow in wargames (so we could do multiboxer vs multiboxer battleground skirmishes) and were told that it was a zone-wide flag, so it was not possible to give separately for wargames vs. for normal battlegrounds. They did, however, leave it on in arenas.

So, back then, they made it so you couldn't follow at all in the whole zone. This time around, they are allowing /follow when not engaged in PVP combat at the time. That's... way better than not being able to follow all of the time. Interact with Target still works during combat.

And they're getting rid of the PVP server option in BFA anyway, so this is unlikely to affect gameplay in general.

War Mode (PVP option) I guess is the big worry. I am pretty sure they did this to mitigate some obvious negative affects of mass-multiboxers (people who cause trouble with too many accounts) on this mode -- but this does not actually block multiboxing War Mode entirely. Small teams will still not be too difficult to manage, even without having follow specifically during PVP combat. I would expect a sharp increase in 2- or 3-boxers in War Mode because it will be a lot easier than you might expect, especially with ISBoxer :)

I would also think this gives us a new opening to push for /follow to get re-enabled in zones it was previously disabled.
<<

adamwow

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

Thank you Bob and Lax for your answers.

So it doesnt affect at all just moving and gathering herbs, its still possible with 10x team setup. I was afraid it will be not.
If you can confirm it will be thankfull again.
Last edited by adamwow on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 am

As long as you are NOT IN PVP COMBAT with the herbs, you will be fine.
<<

adamwow

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:00 am

OK! :) Thank you
<<

iamnatman

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:59 pm

Interesting... Hopefully that's something they'll look into and revert. Granted, pretty much all I do with my team right now is farming and PvE stuff. If rum is involved, I do indulge in a little PvP sometimes with my "bear brigade", and having follow not function for my melee team will be a fun juggling match only relying on IWT. They love to bee swarm as it is, so I'm curious how it'll function without follow. With the bounty system, I can sorta see why they don't want boxing teams running around. Fortunately they've not removed IWT though.
<<

bob

Post Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:16 am

My understanding of the situation is, you could run right up to some other player, with your team on follow, while being flagged for Warmode/PvP, and ONLY WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN COMBAT, does follow stop working, i.e. it will work at every other point, except when the toon, or the toon it is trying to follow, is directly engaged in combat. So once you are close, as long as IWT is still functioning, then it should be pretty much game on. It doesn't seem like a great loss, as half the time follow breaks in combat anyway.
<<

artemian

Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:34 pm

My ISBoxer subscription expires tomorrow and I was about to renew it, but my multiboxer friend who does a lot of wpvp in ogrimmar got this email yesterday (funny enough a mere day after I uploaded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxfFlofinPQ to wowhead saurfang page, another reason to why I don't believe in coincidences)

Date: 20 July 2018 at 5:25:07 pm AEST
To:
Subject: Game Account Penalty of 72 Hours Ban

Dear ,

We regret to inform you that your characters have been reported for multiboxing. After investigation, we have deemed your behavior inappropriate and issued a temporary ban in your World of Warcraft account.

Please take some time to reflect on your actions. Future reports such as these may result in a more severe account suspension or worse, account termination.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support

My friend was doing wpvp in ogrimmar on warmode with 5 characters

I have analysed the situation, and confirmed that the following conclusions I have drawn over the time of multiboxing are actual facts (I'm still open to debate):

#1 blizzard owns wow and everything in it, no player ever owns their characters, they only rent them
#3 majority of lemming gamerbase are not multiboxers, and they're the ones who define what's appropriate, and report what falls outside of their rodent matrix
#4 once enough reports are generated, cucks from blizzard will issue a warning, and then a ban, which will not be overturned REGARDLESS of what the supposed 'offender' has done, because see #1

I have reasonable suspicion grounds its because we have found a legitimate workaround of no following in wpvp in bfa, but gm claimed my friend used 3rd party program while the only program was on is ISBoxer and InnerSpace. gm also said don't use ISBoxer and gave a ;). No, my friend did not take gm's name in a screenshot. Yes if it was me I would have taken a screenshot and escalate it to forums for everyone to see it, just as if it would make a difference which it wouldn't because see #1
Expecting coherent fairness instead of blatant contradiction to https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 099?page=1 from a virtual world when our IRL society is based on a paradise lost because of a talking snake was naive and silly thing at best, and definitely not the smartest thing to do
that is all, its been fun boxing
<<

bob

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:32 pm

we have deemed your behavior inappropriate

So, what behaviour was occurring that was inappropriate? Multiboxing in itself, has been stated many times, by Blizzard, as not against the rules. Being a dick is (it's not quite worded like that in the TOS, I just simplified it).

You do go on to say the 3rd party program, but normally that is specifically mentioned in the email when you break that particular rule. So perhaps it was not for that after all.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft