FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Holy Paladin autoattacking

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sindorei

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Holy Paladin autoattacking

Hi,

I just added a holy paladin to a new team. How can I keep her from running up to a target and whacking it once I hit the interact key? All my other ranged casters properly hold their ground and await further orders, but SHE still thinks she's a melee ... :roll:
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:12 pm

Re: Holy Paladin autoattacking

So, there's not one single solution to this, but here's the jist of it:

1) Create an Action Target Group with only the Characters you wish to send the IWT command to
2) Make a copy of the IWT Mapped Key that your Character Set is currently assigned to (located on the Virtual Mapped Keys tab)
3) Paste it into Base Hotkeys
4) Give it a Hotkey so you can use it
5) On the Action that has IWT listed, change the Target to the ATG you created in step 1

If you're trying to integrate this into your DPS keys then it's a bit different, but let us know if you need further explanation.
<<

Sindorei

Post Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi MiRai,

thanks for the quick response! I watched your videos, so I have at least a vague idea of what's going on. Still, the method to pacify my paladin requires some troubleshooting. I believe I set up everything as you described, but it never managed to exclude the paladin from IWT. On the contrary, now both tank (active window) and paladin run towards the target! What am I doing wrong here?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:51 am

We will need to see your profile.

Return to World of Warcraft