FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer won't run Battle.net.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

1kamii

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:59 pm

ISBoxer won't run Battle.net.

I'm trying to run WoW through the battle.net launcher but it absolutely refuses to. It will always run the WoW Client straight no matter what I seem to do. What I've tried so far is: Adding Battle.net into inner space and setting my team up using the Launcher through the wow folder ("F:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher"), and through the Battle.net folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle.net\Battle.net Launcher"). I've tried running both as a set, and individually, I've tried ticking the dynamic launch mode. I've tried getting the development test patches on inner space. I've gone through the youtube video explaining how to set it up with Battle.net... Tried setting the game up as 'other' and selecting Battle.net from the drop down menu.

Any ideas? I feel like I'm missing something veeeery simple and I've been at this for a few hours now.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: ISBoxer won't run Battle.net.

I feel like I'm missing something veeeery simple and I've been at this for a few hours now.

I agree!

So first of all, by default there should already be a Game Profile called "World of Warcraft Launcher" in your existing WoW "Game" (maybe all of them) added to Inner Space. You can use Add Game as you've done, which is fine, but point it at World of Warcraft Launcher.exe in the WoW folder rather than directly at battle.net -- otherwise, ISBoxer will be unable to generate the WoW Addon for you into the correct WoW folder.

Let's assume you've done this part correctly. I don't think you failed at using Add Game, or having WoW in your Inner Space games list. Without touching ISBoxer yet, test what Inner Space will launch when you use this Game Profile. To do that, just select it directly from the Inner Space menu, instead of selecting your ISBoxer Character Set. When you do this, ISBoxer won't be active at all, just Inner Space. Confirm that when you launch the Game Profile yourself in this way, Battle.net launches as you have intended. Once you've done that, close Battle.net! Almost done!

At this point you have confirmed a working Game and Game Profile for ISBoxer to use, and now you just need to make sure this is assigned to the appropriate Characters. When you're creating a new team using the Quick Setup Wizard, ISBoxer will automatically select "World of Warcraft Default Profile" by default -- you will want to make sure to change that or it will be launching the client directly. So for any Characters already created, go into the top left pane in ISBoxer under "Characters" and select each one. Then in the bottom right pane, in the General tab, find the "Inner Space launch information (required)" box with Game and game Profile drop-downs. Make sure this matches the one you confirmed to be working! Do this for each of the Characters you want to adjust.

Now, there's one final step before you're done: Export to Inner Space. After Exporting to Inner Space, the changed settings will be loaded into Inner Space, so that when you launch your team it will use the updated settings. Without Exporting, the settings loaded into Inner Space will remain untouched.

That's all. :)
<<

1kamii

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:27 pm

I'm an idiot. I'd done all the parts correctly, but forgot that last step... to export. Thanks man!

Edit: Nevermind. It's still not working. Game runs fine... And Battle.net runs when I run it through inner space, but not when running it as a set. Idk what to do at this point lol
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:43 pm

1kamii wrote:It's still not working. Game runs fine... And Battle.net runs when I run it through inner space, but not when running it as a set. Idk what to do at this point lol

Is the BNet client already running when you attempt to launch a Character Set? Is it minimized in the system tray? Is it frozen in the Task Manager? Is Agent.exe running in the Task Manager? All other Blizzard related things should be shut down when trying to use the launcher.

If you're certain that no Blizzard related programs are currently running, and you've done a restart on your machine to clear anything out, then a compatibility diagnostic is the next step.
<<

1kamii

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:52 pm

MiRai wrote:Is the BNet client already running when you attempt to launch a Character Set? Is it minimized in the system tray? Is it frozen in the Task Manager? Is Agent.exe running in the Task Manager? All other Blizzard related things should be shut down when trying to use the launcher.

None of the above, and have restarted. It's as if Inner Space chooses to completely ignore battle.net and always go for the client. I'm going through the diagnostics now.
Last edited by 1kamii on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

1kamii

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:56 pm

And since I'm not sure what I'm doing exactly, here are the diagnostics for the game client too.

https://pastebin.com/twLBYUBJ With Wow Client

https://pastebin.com/vvKWHxWc With Battle.net Client
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 pm

1kamii wrote:It's as if Inner Space chooses to completely ignore battle.net and always go for the client. I'm going through the diagnostics now.

Wait, you're saying that despite you having selected the "World of Warcraft Launcher" as the Game Profile under every Character of your Character Set and exporting those changes successfully, Inner Space is still launching the game client directly?

If that's the case, your export attempt is unsuccessful, your Game Profile path is incorrect, or you have multiple installs of Inner Space and the install you're running from isn't the one ISBoxer is pointing to.

In addition to reviewing the embedded links above, I would also look at the Inner Space console (right-click IS tray icon > console > bring it to the front by clicking on it) to see which Game Profile and path that Inner Space is launching.

Return to World of Warcraft