FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue Launching WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mytwarrior

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Issue Launching WoW

HI,

Im haveing issues with launching from innspace aswell.
It attempts to load but come up with error box that says Word of Warcraft has stopped working.
Attached pastebin with that box up on screen still.
https://pastebin.com/Zb9dukGm

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Re: Wow lauching issues

You'll need to do some regedit and remove this..

Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:

C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe: $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<luaWowHy.dll>

I might also add, there have been a number of people lately with issues running on Windows 8. The best recommendation I've got for that is to update to an operating system that Microsoft still supports.
<<

Mytwarrior

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Re: Issue Launching WoW

okay ill try that, thanks.

ya i have so much junk on my pc , its time to do some cleaning and updating soon, haha.
<<

Mytwarrior

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 am

Nope still nothing.

Inner space console when opened and trying to run shows that it has opened and fully launched, but keep getting the wow not working error window that pops up.
It may be a windows 8 thing like you said, but by the time i get to updating things fully my trial will be gone, lol.

Anything else i may try that you can think of.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 am

32-bit WoW 7.3.5 has a known issue with the Inner Space loader. If you have it launch 64-bit WoW directly instead, it should work fine.

I am mildly curious as to how you ended up there, as the default behavior of Inner Space is to a) re-launch itself in 64-bit mode, and b) to also only launch 64-bit WoW. In this case you've got 32-bit Inner Space launching 32-bit WoW. The only way to achieve that should be to open the Inner Space Configuration window and change the 32/64-bit options, which one option for solving the problem now. "Use 64-bit Inner Space Uplink" should be ticked, and so should "Use same-bit game clients if possible".

If you've made changes to that setting because you intend to separately play old versions of WoW, then instead of changing this setting back, you can adjust the Game Profiles used by your ISBoxer Characters to specifically launch 64-bit WoW. This is usually a matter of choosing an existing Game Profile for WoW that says 64-bit instead of the "Default Profile" or one that says 32-bit.
<<

Mytwarrior

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Yes i was trying to get it working with private server 3.3.5.
Ive tried to change settings in both isboxer game character profiles and innerspace game profile to match 32bit exe.
im sure im missing something unless its isboxer isnt intended for old versions.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm

We do not support private servers, but, at this time, 32-bit WoW requires build 6200.
<<

Mytwarrior

Post Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Yep that version seems to work, now to play around with ISBoxer.
I really apprieciate the help everyone. Im sure ill have more questions to come, haha.

Thanks

Return to World of Warcraft