FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

change ingame language

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SSn4k3shi7

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:32 am

change ingame language

Hello,

i wonder how I can change the ingame language.
As a "single player" without isboxer I know how to do it. I'd close the game, open the blizz app anf reconfigure the ingame language.
But as a multiboxer, using isboxer it doesn't work like this. How can I change the ingame language now?
Do I have to delete some files anywhere ore change something?
Maybe you can answer the question how its done simple...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:57 am

Re: change ingame language

From Blizzard's support site, under the "Check the WTF Folder" entry:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/12022

You will have to adjust every config.wtf file listed in the WTF folder.
<<

SSn4k3shi7

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:00 am

Well.
that sounds like a lot of work.
More than 80 alts...
I think as a multiboxer I stay with german...

Edit!
Isboxer uses 1 config.wtf for all the toons because of the virtualistion, isn't it?
Let me try this first...

Edit edit
I was totally wrong. Normally wow uses only 1 config.wtf
Isboxer creates all the others becaus of the virtualisation.

So I#m still working on a simple way without editing all the config.wtf isboxer created 4 me.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:26 pm

The game, when launched outside of using a Character Set (with default settings), uses only the config.wtf file. If you want, you can delete all the virtualized config.wtf files (the ones with your characters' names in the filename), and then re-export from ISBoxer and it will re-create them using whatever values are stored in the standalone config.wtf file. So, if you updated standalone file with the proper changes, the virtualized copies will also have those changes in them.
<<

SSn4k3shi7

Post Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:17 pm

MiRai wrote:The game, when launched outside of using a Character Set (with default settings), uses only the config.wtf file. If you want, you can delete all the virtualized config.wtf files (the ones with your characters' names in the filename), and then re-export from ISBoxer and it will re-create them using whatever values are stored in the standalone config.wtf file. So, if you updated standalone file with the proper changes, the virtualized copies will also have those changes in them.

Right now I wanted to tell you, how I solved it and now I read that your way is exactly, what I did.

In the wtf folder I createtd a new folder "german".
I moved all the config files to it.
After that I copied one of the "named" config files back to the wtf folder, renamed it to "config.wtf"
In this basic setup the language is german, and all the graphic setups are like I play with the multibox alts.
Turned on the blizz launcher, switched the language, logged into the game.
Nice, english, low graphics... Basic setup for multiboxing, but english. Very nice.
Turned of the game. Turned on isboxer, exported and isboxer created all the nice new named config.wtf files.
Created new folder "english", copied all the named config files to it.
From now I got 2 sets of config files. German and english.
A bit work is still to do. Have to fix the ingame makros, but the main "problem" is solved.

Thanks for your help and the food for thougt.

OT: Is "food for thougt" a phrase that is really used? In german we say "Denkanstoss" and it means that someone has a problem and another person helps him thinking to the right direction so that he might be able to solve the problem by itself.

Return to World of Warcraft