FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't get isboxer to work propertly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Realisten

Post Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:18 pm

Can't get isboxer to work propertly

Hello!

So i was kinda happy to get back to multibox, last time was over 6 years ago, i have try now to set up to multibox 2 rogues to start with. After struggle to get it to launch propertly, i think i manage to get in to game without errors. I manage to invite my other toon, make him follow me and assist on killing.

But it feels like after eatch kill he stop following me, and these quest when i have to loot and i loot on main toon, the "follower" will not loot at all, so i have to go to that game window and loot manually.
Also when i start a quest, i was hoping the follower also would accept it.

Simple i feel really dumb, and i probably now waste the time on get this to work. The time it would have take me to reach 70 questing alone :/
I watch the guides on youtube, but honestly it feels like i will give up, as i cant get it to work smooth.

Am i suppose to click follow and assist repeatly when i play ?

I was trying with the copy past info, hope it works https://pastebin.com/rFYejwRW
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Can't get isboxer to work propertly

From your description ISBoxer is working fine.

Yes, if you do actions in game which break follow, you have to hit the Follow hotkey again. Actions which break follow are engage in combat (whether voluntarily or not), and perform direct movement. If you find this onerous, there are WoW addons that can help you with that. JAMBA has a Follow Strobe function (essentially issues a follow command every few seconds).

Looting, does not just happen on slave toons. The common method within ISBoxer is to use your Interact With Target hotkey. This does not work on all items (like gathering herbs), and some quest items are just individual per toon. There are WoW addons that can help with looting too. Loot-a-rang I think, JAMBA has some kind of loot functions, and there are some others too. In certain cases, like herbing, you may need to set up some kind of macro to align your views (a setview macro), and use a bit of broadcasting.

"Auto Assist" is mainly built in to ISBoxer for the standard 1 to = keys on the keyboard, and also the action bar overlay (which essentially presses the same keys). If you have configured your own mapped keys beyond the default setup, then make sure you are using the Mapped Key Wizard to create "Assist and Broadcast" types, so you get the helpful Assist too.

Other times, you will need to press Assist yourself, or your Interact With Target (IWT) hotkey. Some quest sharing and accepting can be handled by WoW addons too. JAMBA has a Quest module for some of that, there may be other WoW addons that help facilitate this too.

** Note, I am not a WoW player, so my knowledge can be sketchy on the addons features, but I believe I am mostly correct.

Return to World of Warcraft