FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer 6258 WOW Borked

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Yoshana

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:38 pm

ISBoxer 6258 WOW Borked

After boxing last night, I did a reboot and ISBoxer updated to 6258 and now nothing works. I have diabled all other apps, including Avast. Windows 10 Home 64bit.

I have tried each of the Loader Aggressiveness Settings an the results are the same with each.
One window will load when loading the team each time, but none of the windows have any switching and the DXNothing frame will not load for my orig config, just firing the DXNothing Window does nothing.

Creating a new party from existing characters and using a default window layout (Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect)) I get the same results, one window each time I fire up the team, no control or switching. No menus displayed on any window.

Overwrote as per http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9100

Build 6255 same behavior, windows load one each time I fire up team, no controls no switching.

Build 6233 same behavior, windows load one each time I fire up team, no controls no switching

Diagnostics
https://pastebin.com/mmwzBmHj

I will note that with both overwrites the control for Loader Aggressiveness is still in the configuration screen for both so something remains from 6258 when overwriting.

Would love an installer that would not have any part of 6258 in it that I could install after getting rid of everything that would only have 6255 but I imagine that is not going to happen...
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:47 pm

Re: ISBoxer 6258 WOW Borked

I will note that with both overwrites the control for Loader Aggressiveness is still in the configuration screen for both so something remains from 6258 when overwriting.

That is kept in an XML file (which is not included in the archives, you're right) and is not affecting anything at all when you revert to 6255, because it configures a setting that doesn't exist in prior builds.

If reverting to build 6255 per the provided instructions does not give you the behavior you had before you updated to 6258, then chances are it wasn't actually (or may not just be) this update that broke it for you.

Your diagnostics shows this Windows compatibility setting, which should be removed.
0 E:\WOW\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe: $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<IS-D3D11.dll>

To do so, press Windows+R to bring up a Run window and type in "regedit", then press OK. In this Registry editor, navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers and find the entry labelled "E:\WOW\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe". This was added automatically by Windows at some point to try to resolve a compatibility issue, but this may break Inner Space's ability to run WoW-64.exe, regardless of the Inner Space version.

That alone could solve the problem on any of the versions.

There's also a report that Avast! could currently be causing an issue with build 6258 in particular.
<<

Yoshana

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:09 pm

Lax you are as always... THE MAN!!!

Fixed and working.. no time to test it right now, but it fired up and all the windows are placed and overlays are showing.

Thanks!!
<<

Evolve

Post Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Im having issue as of today with build 6260
I normally just launch two copies of wow.
Today My second wow client has been very laggy when i switch servers, log out of game, or switch toons.
I thought it may be addons, but I dont know why since i wasnt having issue yesterday. Then I recalled seeing isboxer update today.
So i tried running multiple wow clients without using isboxer and it seemed to be better.
I need to switch versions i guess

EDIT: tried version 6255, and 6233, but still having issue.
its only with the second client. The fps just drops during times i described above

I also tried to uninstall innerspace/isboxer and start over from scratch, and did a scan and repair on WOW
Still the second wow client has the same issue

EDIT2: Uninstalled WOW now and I am going to do a fresh install on that as well.

EDIT 3: I figured out what is going on with this
after doing everything I mentioned I remembered seeing an avast pop up today.
Must of been an update. So anyway I went to modify the install, and found some game module installed in it.
Removed it and now everything works again. What an incredible huge waste of time this all was.
Have to set up all my character sets again now. not happy

Return to World of Warcraft