Wow lauching issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Frostball

Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:19 pm

Wow lauching issues

Hi there

having issues with one of my computers.
I made all same things on both computer and one of them is driving me crazy.

What I've checked :
- Innerspace version 6260 : OK
- Nvidia Share disabled : OK
- Application compatibility flags : cleaned
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:

I am ablee to launch my character set once, but I need to reboot my computer to launch a new team

Hereafter my pastebin : https://pastebin.com/5wn6NFJC

I'm probably missing something, thank you by advance for helping me
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 am

Re: Wow lauching issues

I'd probably start by updating your NVIDIA drivers, which are a few months out of date (current drivers are 391 or later, you're on 388.13 which released 2017-10-30).

I see that the NVIDIA Share executable is not running, however nvscap64.dll (Shadowplay) is still loading into Inner Space in your Diagnostics and that's the piece of NVIDIA Share that was causing issues before. However, I'm not sure this is specifically the issue -- compatibility with this was fixed a few versions of Inner Space ago.

Also, this Diagnostics is from InnerSpace.exe, which unfortunately does not tell me about your WoW and anything different that might be loading into WoW. Please launch an instance of the game that you're having trouble with, and select the WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe rather than InnerSpace.exe for diagnostics. Thanks :)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:51 pm

I know Lax did some work on Avast, but there was a report that the current update has some kind of Game Helper component, and disabling/removing that helped another user.
<<

Frostball

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi there,

Here is my new pastebin with all the stuff done (diag on Wow64.exe, drivers updated, Avast disabled) :

https://pastebin.com/uZeyMvSY

Still the same unfortunately :-(
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:06 pm

To test, you should uninstalling Avast, not just disabling it (as your paste shows it's still running). If you disable it, it's still potentially interfering because that's how AV programs work (they're very intrusive on purpose). You also have nVidia GeForce Experience running, and that has also been suggested to remove for testing (for now).

I understand you said you may have done some of these things prior, but to move forward we need to see a clean(er) paste than what we had seen before, otherwise we can easily assume those programs are still potentially interfering.

Return to World of Warcraft