FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Letters stop working, chars run around like crazy

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Causarius

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:15 am

Letters stop working, chars run around like crazy

Hello

The other day I merged my two battle.net accs and made new teams in ISBoxer. Suddenly alot of things stopped working and strange things happaned that did not occur before. I removed everything and loaded a very basic profile that I knew worked (ofc I had not saved the other, but that is my loss), but things didn't really stop being weird anyway...

I have E,R,Q and F as hotkeys for combat. Sometimes they stop working. They do not broadcast to the followers, and won't even work on the main til I turn off key maps. The followers run around like crazy around the mob (both melee and casters), which stopped the other day when I turned off in game hot key for "interact with mouseover". But today when I started the game the same behaviour started. This time there were no settings that had been changed back or anything I could change to make it stop.

Is this something you too experience sometimes? I am aware of the bug that sometimes make the followers run away for no apparent reason, and that happens alot too, but that is not the problem now...

Here is the link to pastebin: https://pastebin.com/mdP3ZYDG

EDIT: I have had problems earlier with some keys doing double broadcasting, as in pressing e,r,q and f results in ve, vr, vq and vf. I managed to get that behaviour away, but now it is worse: 1-6 results in v1-v6 and q,e,r, and f results in v7, v8, v9 and v0, when I type in game with key maps on. I did not change anything between when it worked yesterday and not working today...

Best regards
Ronja
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:54 am

Re: Letters stop working, chars run around like crazy

What you are describing is a known behaviour if you are constantly pressing Interact With Target. This is covered on the Interact With Target WIKI page where it says:
When combined with Click to Move, Interact with Target will also cause your character to face and move toward your target; This is an important feature for multiboxing, since it means less manual movement when doing the above activities. Your character will automatically stop moving if the action is performed, but will not otherwise change direction or stop moving unless manually interrupted. Unfortunately, this limitation of the feature causes some undesirable side effects, especially in the cases where your target is moving, or your character otherwise slightly misses the target, because your character will continue running in that direction unless manually interrupted! Using the Interact with Target hotkey again will restart the process, where once again your character may stop moving or miss the target again, and this will continue as many times as you use the hotkey -- potentially making your character run circles around its target.

Now a quick look at your profile shows that V is set for your in game bind for Interact With Target, and a look at your characters sets shows that two of the character sets (SIL_Pal-3DH-Priest, AZUR_5_Healers), both have the Auto Interact With Target option selected

If you remove this or set it to No Key Map then I imagine your problem will go away.

Note, in the Quick Setup Wizard, the Auto Interact With Target option is NOT SELECTED BY DEFAULT, which means you chose this.

Your other issues are probably related to the fact the E, Q, R, F, mapped keys send 7, 8, 9, 0, to the game...
<<

Causarius

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:22 am

Thanx for the answer. I regret horribly that I thought that it was a good idea to start all over, and then load what I thought to be a somewhat clean setup.

As for the Combat Broadcast sending 7-0: in Combat Broadcast Hotkeys they are set to E,R,Q and F. Is that the wrong apporach then?
https://gyazo.com/59a9b7dae748382ce097a5ed705e7f89
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:52 am

It's not the wrong approach, but you have to look to see what it is doing.

The mapped key in Combat Broadcast Hotkeys, is calling a Do Mapped key Action, which is the E mapped key in Combat Broadcast.

If you look at the E mapped key in Combat Broadcast it does 3 things..

Calls Auto Assist, which depending on the Auto Assist mapping (also shown in the earlier screen shots) will Assist the current Active toon, or not. A lot of people have this Auto Assisting, so this is fairly normal to have the Assist.
    Calls Auto Interact With Target, which depending on the earlier setting will either do nothing, or call the Interact With Target mapped key. Less people use this due to the side effects noted earlier.
    And finally, send a Key Stroke to the game. In your case, the E mapped key sends the keystroke 7 to the Combat ATG. And the WIzard will have put all your toons in the Combat ATG by default.

<<

Causarius

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 am

Thank you very much for your answers. It seems I have forgot A LOT in a few months of playing w/o problems. I shall read up and do the tutorials again to refreshen my knowledge (that I apparently have forgot ;-) )

Return to World of Warcraft