FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

won't launch my wow windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ampmusic

Post Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:53 pm

won't launch my wow windows

Hi guys;
I've been struggling to launch my character sets for a few weeks now, eventually having to resort to launching just the individual instances one by one, and now nothing will launch. When I open the Task Manager (Win 10) wow.exe is running but there is no window. I'm out of ideas.
Here is a paste of my diagnostic report:
https://pastebin.com/hpv4afvD
thanks
p
<<

cnjke

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:18 am

Re: won't launch my wow windows

I have same issue after install Nvidia GeForce Expirience. Idk, may be its geforce overlay conflict. After uninstall gExp isboxer work correctly and all my toons launch good.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Bit of a hard one. Nothing is really jumping out as an obvious possibility.

You could try updating your graphics drivers (both NVidia and Intel). There have been several releases recently. When doing the NVidia driver, only select the Graphics Drivers, PhysX, and if needed HDAudio. Unless you have a 3d monitor, chances are you do not need the 3d Driver - and the other stuff you don't currently have so might be ok.
You could try disabling the Intel GPU (usually a bios/uefi setting), unless this is a laptop, and then you probably cannot.

Seems the Blizzard streaming client library is being loaded, so if the game has not finished downloading, it could be you need to let it finish.
<<

ampmusic

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 pm

Updated driver, uninstalled the items you identified. Rebooted. Still not working.
Going to leave the bliz launcher on overnight and see if something going on in the background is the issue.
Let me know if you have any other ideas!
thanks
p
<<

ampmusic

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:01 am

No joy. Any other ideas?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:17 am

Yes, I just posted this announcement last night regarding a new compatibility option, you should try it.

http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9092
<<

ampmusic

Post Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:53 pm

Downloaded the development patch you identified and, set it to "minimum" which spawned a window but then seemed to freeze with an empty white game window. Killed that process, reset it to "standard" and it appears to be working now. Thanks!

Return to World of Warcraft