FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

High ping/latency only on some clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

iamnatman

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:36 pm

High ping/latency only on some clients

This is the strangest issue I've been running into lately, and I was wondering if anyone else had/is having this problem as well.
I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and for some reason, three of my slave accounts have high ping now. The master and one or two other clients are fine though, and usually hover at 40 ms. The other three run much higher at 200-400... which makes no sense with them all being on the same network. It's almost as if they're being throttled. Now, this issue never happened when I used Windows 7. I installed the proper drivers (from the motherboard website, not automatic windows updated drivers), but it doesn't seem to change anything. I also disabled a few internet hogging features like OneDrive, Cortana, and so on, but that also really didn't change anything.

I'm not too keen on Win10 in general, and may end up just reverting it back, but I wanted to ask beforehand if there was some setting I overlooked, or something I can do to fix this weird issue.

Thanks.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am

Re: High ping/latency only on some clients

Someone else reported something similar a while back where 2 of their slaves had high 300ms pings, vs the rest all on more reasonable 80ms pings... they followed the post on Blizzard forums which ended up fixing it. The short version of the process was:

With the game closed please rename your WTF folder to WTF.bak and INTERFACE folder to INTERFACE.bak. Delete the Cache folder entirely. These hold setting info and temporary cache files that will be recreated by the game the next time you launch. Renaming them allows you to rename them back later if this step doesn't resolve anything.

NOTE: Please also make sure to remove any and all addon auto-installers or auto-updaters you may have, as those can automatically reinstall addons for you, possibly causing further issues.

Return to World of Warcraft