FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to create new hotkeys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bollogg

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:05 pm

How to create new hotkeys

Hi I got a question about creating hotkeys in wow.
As a lefthander i need to create different keys. I did esdf for moving char and it works. What i dont understand even after seeing tons of guides is how i can for example make q a key in the main action bar (except of the 1). And additionally how can i make 1 the first in the downer left action bar for all toons. Getting that in WOW is no problem and its no problem to get the spell done by all toons thats on the 1 key. I tried doing that by creating custom hot keys per wizard didnt work, because i could not log in because inner space doubled the letters i used as custom hotkeys. But how to make for example q to the position of the 1 key. Anybody can give me a short guide in easy english?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Re: How to create new hotkeys

if you want to replace the hotkeys on the existing overlay bar, then the easiest method would be to change the Hotkey set for the 1 key in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys.

If you want that to actually send Q to the game, then you need to change the underlying 1 mapped key in ISB42 - Combat Broadcast. The Actions of that mapped key send a 1 to the games, change that to a Q.

If you have things double typing, then chances are you have more than one mapped key on that hotkey, or you are sending the keystroke more than once. And most probably, the mapped keys are in a key map that does not get disabled when you disable Key Maps (you are disabling key maps at the login screen right?)
<<

Bollogg

Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: How to create new hotkeys

To be true: I did not disable key strokes. So log in now is no longer a problem. I`ll test the configuration soon and will then reply again.

Return to World of Warcraft