FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow problem!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

GSbox

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:08 am

Follow problem!

Hi all,

So I seem to have a problem with my setup, since I'm not at home at the moment I can't post my config but was hoping there could be a quick fix, or somewhere to look to identify my problem.

I've configured a 5 man team and this works just perfect, custom keybinds, IWT, macros, follow, assist you name it. It does exactly how I set it up.
So the other day I wanted to move my PC to the living room and since I multibox with a Xbox controller I figured why not do it properly.. in the couch :)

So, I duplicated my 5 characters and renamed them Char1TV,Char2TV,Char3TV etc (Where Char1 would be the character name and I just added TV in the end) then I duplicated and renamed my Character set and window layout adding TV in the end. The reason for the "TV" on end is that I figured it would be best to keep two different configurations, playing with my monitor I have a lower resolution than on my TV.

The "TV" profile loads up, no errors is thrown at me, GUI console debug shows my keybinds work as in pressing my follow hotkey the debug shows "WoW Macro follow etc etc".
Characters follow the same order as in the first team, no other changes were made, HOWEVER!

No keybinds ingame works, no follow, IWT,assist or macros.
Swapping to the original character set and everything works, back to TV - nothing works.

Also tried using the quick wizard for the character set but to no avail.

I can share my config when I'm at home but hoping somewhere here might know where the issue is or where I could look?

Thanks in advance,
gs
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:46 am

Re: Follow problem!

Depends on how you duplicated your bits and pieces.
First I would suggest that your new characters might not be in the ATG's.
Second, that the ISBoxer addon is not loaded for them, because it should complain about the toon names not matching (although this might not be the case if the Actual Name field is filled in correctly
And third, the Virtual Mapped Keys on the Character Set are not correct.
<<

GSbox

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:56 am

Hi bob

thanks for replying!

As far as I could see last night, all of the thing you wrote here are setup correctly. If you could think of something else, that would be helpful
Otherwise I'll post my config later today in here.

Thanks
<<

GSbox

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:56 am

Hi again,

I managed to paste a copy of my stripped down configuration setup, I've looked through it but as I'm not very experienced I can't really tel what's wrong. Except I see Follow in "Base Hotkey" using a different keybind than the one at "variable keystrokes" - I don't know if this is messing things up?
It's wierd since my first team works fine, the "TV" profile is just a duplicate of the first one

Have a look here; https://pastebin.com/dJJjfP9x

I appreciate any help given on this subject. Thanks

Best regards,
-gs
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:16 am

The only thing I can see is that you've blacklisted the "Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" Key Map on the TV Character Set. This doesn't explain why other things don't work, but I'm not sure why that one Key Map is being blacklisted, when on the other Character Set it isn't (perhaps it's an oversight).

Other than that, what does the ISBoxer add-on print out in the chat window when you enter the game world? If it's not printing anything, then it isn't enabled, but if it's printing something, yet no errors are being reported, then I might assume that this has to do with in-game key binds. I know that sounds weird, given the fact that you're using the same characters, in game, but I don't see anything different in your profile.

Finally, you could just assign the TV's Window Layout to your working Character Set when playing on your television, and swap it back out when you aren't.
<<

GSbox

Post Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 am

Where can I check which hotkey needs to be set ingame?
Variable or base hotkey?

I use different wow installments for both sets since the ingame ui needs to be different because i sit far from the tv in livingroom and close when by the monitor, completely different ui setup ingame.

Im lost about this, everything should be the same except isboxer names.
Ill check in an hour what it types down when logging in.

Thanks Mirai

Return to World of Warcraft