Wow Will NOT launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Re: Wow Will NOT launch

I provided instructions on how to use the 32-bit game client in my prior post:

MiRai wrote:4) You can try using the 32-bit client instead of the 64-bit client (how to adjust which profile is used | how to allow Inner Space to launch 32-bit games)
<<

casibal

Post Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Ok, you all need to be a bit more clear.

If I'm running a Trace Now what is the process for that? Do I start my Wow Client (you keep using the work client) and in many cases not indicating which you mean (Wow, ISBOXER, InnerSpace) Also, I have two different instructions from two support people.

Keep in mind that ISBOXER is not lauching my client. so I'm unclear on how changing the profile to the 32bit is going to do anything if I have to have the wow client to running? Or do i Not run it and change the profile and then run the trace diag.

I've now had the purchase for more than a week (and i have not been able to use it at all)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

casibal wrote:Ok, you all need to be a bit more clear.

If I'm running a Trace Now what is the process for that? Do I start my Wow Client (you keep using the work client) and in many cases not indicating which you mean (Wow, ISBOXER, InnerSpace) Also, I have two different instructions from two support people.

You run a trace diagnostic on a frozen game process. In this case, the frozen game process you get when you launch the game through Inner Space.

casibal wrote:Keep in mind that ISBOXER is not lauching my client. so I'm unclear on how changing the profile to the 32bit is going to do anything if I have to have the wow client to running? Or do i Not run it and change the profile and then run the trace diag.

The point of changing the game to 32-bit is to see if it works on your system, and if it doesn't, then you specifically need to run a trace diagnostic on a frozen 32-bit client, as bob previously alluded to. Otherwise, follow his directions using procdump to get a dump file from a 64-bit executable.
<<

casibal

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:02 pm

I tried running the trace. The trace file is 0 bytes. Any suggestions.?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 pm

Did it say it failed? e.g. because you are using the Trace from ISBoxer Toolkit, which will only work on a 32bit process, and you are trying to dump on a 64bit process (wow-64.exe)
<<

casibal

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

No does not say that it failed. says the file was created. saved but it's empty.
<<

casibal

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Anyone going to respond to how to get the file to get something?

I also sent the same information to Lax and still not response.
<<

bob

Post Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm

We were discussing it actually, and trying to decide what to do next.

If you are getting a 0 byte file, then it means the process is not initializing correctly, or it is never leaving the initializing phase. This tells us a few things, such as it may be related to some other items being looked into, although they've not been affecting WoW previously.

We're just deciding whether to spin up an out of support OS (Microsoft support that is) to see if we get the same issue, and if we do, what would then need to be done to track down what is going on.
<<

casibal

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:13 am

Haven't heard anything on this still waiting.
<<

bob

Post Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:01 pm

It has been suggested you could try build 6200 from the archive. https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives
Earlier than that and it wont load WoW, due to changes made by Blizz last year. But it might get you up and running in the meantime.

The issue that is preventing it from loading with the current version is being worked on.
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft