FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Launcher Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: WoW Launcher Issue

Strangely, the development build hasn't been mentioned in this thread. MiRai should have mentioned it in his original response. (As with any thread relating to compatibility issues, when there is a dev build with compatibility fixes ;) )

Testing on my laptop just now I get an issue with the launcher on the live build, but the development build of Inner Space works fine.

To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

odo

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 am

Don't fault MiRai for that he actually suggested that in the original thread then split my issue from that one. I had stated that I tried that already so that's why it wasn't mentioned.
<<

odo

Post Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:50 am

I want to pull my hair out lol. I have managed to get the launcher to load the first character no problem (with overlay) but when it goes to load the second slot it messes up. Either it doesn't load at all, it brings up the loading bar for the launcher but that times out, it brings up the launcher but instead of PLAY it says UPDATE. When I click to update it immediately errors and no matter what I do I can't get it to update. For shits and giggles I decided to close everything and load the second slot first and it worked no problem. When I went to load the first slot the same errors came up. I've made sure to check my task manager for extra processes that may be lingering because of the first launcher just to rule out that as an issue.

Edit* Sooooo the second slot won't load the launcher properly because the first slot is loaded. Mind you when I say loaded I mean it's on the character select screen or in game and no other launcher is open. So if I have the game loaded the second slot will always error out because something is telling it that it needs an update and the launcher won't update when a copy of the game is loaded.

Sorry if it seems redundant... I'm just trying to figure out what's happening and it's far passed my bedtime.
<<

odo

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:03 am

So I have managed to successfully load the two launchers with the overlay working properly. The main issue I am having still is that the second character takes 20+ tries to load properly and that's an understatement. The launcher loading bar freezes 90% of the time which means I need to end task and try again until it finally works. This takes an obscene amount of time. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?
<<

Abnixia

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 am

i have same exact issue. even the first account takes 3-5 clicks on play on the launcer, and often is starts with update even tho i have it turned off. managed to get only once second account logged in, took 2354235423 tries and even then it did manage to log in on wrong window and as first account so it was messed up,,,

is there any way to run wow without the fking launchers? im willing to enter the authenticator code every time if needed. i was full on planning to buy the 1 year sub but now its my second trial account and i still cant get the fking wow to work ,,,
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:51 am

is there any way to run wow without the fking launchers?

Uh, yes.

If the launcher is coming up you just need to have ISBoxer launch WoW.exe or WoW-64.exe instead of the launcher. This depends only on the Game Profile you selected (or was automatically selected for you) during the Quick Setup Wizard. To select a different Game Profile, select each Character in the top left pane in ISBoxer Toolkit and adjust the "Inner Space launch information" section's Game and Game Profile settings. These correspond to the games and profiles listed in the Inner Space right click menu. You might already have a profile for WoW 64-bit for example, that would launch the game directly.

If not, you can always right click Inner Space, select Add Game, and point it at your wow.exe, and it should automatically add several Game Profiles to the newly added Game, with launcher and non-launcher options.
<<

Abnixia

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 am

what ever option i choose from the wizard it always launches battle.net for me. . i managed somehow to run both my wow accounts. by forcefully closing wow setup from task manager. but the second game always runs in wrong window. altho i have set up dual monitor (Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect). both games run on same monitor for some reason and it does say that second account did launch in wrong window.... no idea how to fix it.. i did use the same monitor layou for diablo 3 and it did work on first go. bot what ever i do here every time it still loads my second account on main monitor and under first account name for some reason.

even if i added the Wow-64.exe with the (World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe" -launcher) to innerspace so it would not run the launcer.. it still runs the battle.not.. so out of ideas
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:29 pm

Abnixia wrote:even if i added the Wow-64.exe with the (World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe" -launcher) to innerspace so it would not run the launcer.. it still runs the battle.not.. so out of ideas

First of all, the executable doesn't require any parameters (there is no guide that states that it does), and that can be confirmed by the fact that you can simply double-click either of the executable files in the WoW folder, to load up the game client directly.

Second, if you aren't changing the game profile for each of your characters, then Inner Space has no idea that you want to launch something other than what's already been assigned.

Finally, adding a game and selecting game profiles is covered in the Quick Setup Wizard video that I created for World of Warcraft, and it can be found here (alternatively, it is also located right on the Quick Start Guide page of the ISBoxer Wiki).
Previous

Return to World of Warcraft