FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW Launcher Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

odo

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:06 pm

WoW Launcher Issue

Sometimes it opens up the launcher and tells me I need to update wow even though I know it's up to date. Other times it allows me to log in to the two accounts but when in game I have no overlays. Another time I selected play and it just freezes there saying it's launching. Lastly it won't even open up the launcher but in my task manager I notice a background process of "World of Warcraft Setup (32bit)" pop up. Nothing else happens.

I've tried finding answers to these issues but every answer I have seen and tried to do doesn't seem to change anything. It's just odd seeing as I haven't changed how I am setting up the character set but I am getting many different errors. So I just have no clue what's going wrong. I have even tried MiRai's suggestion of patching Inner Space.

I can get it to work 100% if I select to load the character sets with default profile but when I do everything the same but choose launcher I get the errors.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: WoW Launcher Issue

I split your thread into its own because the thread you posted in, while similarly named, was not related to your issue.
odo wrote:Sometimes it opens up the launcher and tells me I need to update wow even though I know it's up to date. Other times it allows me to log in to the two accounts but when in game I have no overlays. Another time I selected play and it just freezes there saying it's launching. Lastly it won't even open up the launcher but in my task manager I notice a background process of "World of Warcraft Setup (32bit)" pop up. Nothing else happens.

I've tried finding answers to these issues but every answer I have seen and tried to do doesn't seem to change anything. It's just odd seeing as I haven't changed how I am setting up the character set but I am getting many different errors. So I just have no clue what's going wrong. I have even tried MiRai's suggestion of patching Inner Space.

Unfortunately, as has been stated in several other threads related to this issue, some people tend to have problems using the launcher through Inner Space, and there's no clear answer to why.

You can:

1) Ensure the streaming feature of the launcher is disabled (it's under the settings somewhere)
2) Try adjusting the bit-ness of Inner Space (right-click IS tray icon > Configuration > 32/64-bit options) (may need to restart IS after changing them)
3) Submit a compatibility diagnostic report, but since WoW does work on your machine, it's unlikely that anything will show up

odo wrote:I can get it to work 100% if I select to load the character sets with default profile but when I do everything the same but choose launcher I get the errors.

Other than what's stated above, launching the game client directly would be the only other suggestion I would have.
<<

odo

Post Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:44 pm

Here I was thinking it was similar enough to where I'd make people mad for making a new thread about it. haha. Thanks for the response. I have tried changing the things you suggested and now it just won't load up.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am

Grab the Compatibility Diagnostic please. It may show up something relevant, and if not, nothing lost.
<<

odo

Post Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:06 pm

https://pastebin.com/X0gizGtk

So I've now managed to get it to successfully load the first character through the launcher but it never loads the second character. Even with setting the time between character loads. It's also not loading the overlays.

Just want to note that getting it to actually load the first character only happened when I closed out chrome and trying again with it chrome open it fails.
<<

odo

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:27 pm

Anything or am I SOL?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:48 pm

odo wrote:Anything or am I SOL?

lol. I apologize that there wasn't a response after your diagnostics.

But nope, it is working for us, so the trick is to find out what is different on your PC. You're only SOL if you want to give up on that.

Try shutting down Razer and its in-game engine to see if anything changes. This is on Windows 10, do you have all Windows updates?
<<

odo

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Nah I fully understand the holidays happened. I was just trying to see if things could be done to accurately try it out before the 7day trial ended. I just went to try things out and *womp womp* trial ended yesterday. Bad timing on my part I guess.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 pm

odo wrote:Nah I fully understand the holidays happened. I was just trying to see if things could be done to accurately try it out before the 7day trial ended. I just went to try things out and *womp womp* trial ended yesterday. Bad timing on my part I guess.

I've extended your trial, have at it :)
<<

odo

Post Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:40 pm

I just cleared everything and made a new character set with default everything but the launcher. I closed out every other program that was running (Chrome,TSM, Razor). Now when I load it up my battlenet shows a crashed message that if I wait eventually changes to the default screen. Possibly because I waited for it to try and load the second profile. When I get in under the first profile and try to launch the second profile under the slots option I just get the load bar for the launcher and it freezes. I'm also still not getting the overlay with profiles using the launcher option.
Next

Return to World of Warcraft