FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Performance Drop Tanaan Jungle

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enoah35

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:48 am

Performance Drop Tanaan Jungle

Hello,

I have 5boxed before in wow, and last time I played it was on WoD expansion. Now I came back and started my team from scratch and reached the begining of WoD which is Tanaan jungle. I am getting a massive framedrop here down to 25-30 fps. I am sure there must be a tweak on making the performance better. Here are the details of my rig and config and also addons.

My PC:
CPU: I7-4790K 4Ghz (no overclock)
RAM: 16GB (sorry forgot the name, same age as the cpu)
GPU: Gforce 1080
HDD: Samsung EVO 500 SSD

WoW Setting:
Main Char: Everything is maxed except AA is in FXAA High, Shadow Quality on High, and Environment is set all in 2 (view distance, environment detail, ground clutter)
Other 4: All in minimum setting. Vsync is disabled on every char.

WoW Addons:
Angry Keystones
Auctionator
Garrison Mission Manager
GatherMate2
GTFO
HandyNotes + Legion R&T
Healbot: Healer only, will disable once reached 100 to switch to 5 hunters
ISBoxer
Jamba
Macro Toolkit
Recount (Main only)
Shadowed UF + Options
World Quest Group Finder
GSE2
DBM

Finally my ISboxer settings:

https://pastebin.com/4VuuQvCg

I am using the default wizard. Which I believe it picks DX11 as default? I am monitoring my bottleneck with OpenHardwareMonitor and nothing reaches even close to 100%. It was before when the main char's AA was set to max. Right now standing in Tanaan Jungle, the frame is between 22-30fps (maybe the initial even is making happening on every window is causing this frame drop?) CPU usage at 82% and Memory around 80%. GPU is as low as 50%. Providing with screenshot.

http://i67.tinypic.com/107svhs.jpg

I am afraid what will happen when I reach the Legion expansion areas. My Rig maybe a little old but I think its still capable of 5 boxing even with legion's rise in system requirement.

Thanks
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:31 am

Re: Performance Drop Tanaan Jungle

I like lists:

• For starters, you're using a round-robin CPU strategy, which is not recommended. The CPU Strategy Wizard defaults to using all cores for all game clients, and, unless you have a very specific reason not to, it's recommended that you use the default.
  • Second, you don't mention this, but have you continued to drop your settings on your main? Shadow Quality, SSAO, and any form of AA can be quite a resource hog, especially at higher resolutions when in windowed mode (and you're playing at 1440).
  • Third, it doesn't hurt to drop your background framerate to something like 20.
  • Finally, and as a last resort, does performance increase if you start killing off game clients? If so, then there is likely a hardware bottleneck (assuming you've already addressed the other three options above this).

Also, ISBoxer will use whichever API you have told it to (DX11 vs DX9), so if you want to try out DX9, then you can either change the game profile in ISBoxer to force it to always use a specific version of DirectX, or you can change it in game (assuming you aren't already using a profile in ISBoxer which forces a specific API).
<<

Enoah35

Post Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 am

Re: Performance Drop Tanaan Jungle

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply, had a busy week at work. What I would like to inform is that, the very first event on the Dark Portal in Draenor expansion was the only time frame dropped this much, and judging from the amount of mobs in display for every client I can understand why. I am now in Legion area and things are going well so far, managed to complete High mountain without massive framedrop.

Now to answer a few things:

For starters, you're using a round-robin CPU strategy, which is not recommended. The CPU Strategy Wizard defaults to using all cores for all game clients, and, unless you have a very specific reason not to, it's recommended that you use the default.

This is wierd since I have not touched this at all during the configuration wizard. I DID however modified the CPU cores assigned on the 5th slot since it was using the, fake? Cores. I read it somewhere that the 1, 3, 5, 7 were the real cores and 2, 4, 6, 8 were the fake ones. I am not at home right now so can´t say for certain. Will edit which cores are assiegned on each character slots when I get back.

Second, you don't mention this, but have you continued to drop your settings on your main? Shadow Quality, SSAO, and any form of AA can be quite a resource hog, especially at higher resolutions when in windowed mode (and you're playing at 1440).

Initially when I had the main screen with max settings, all the other clients were suffering performance issues. I am talking single digit - 12 frame per second on all windows except the main. I fixed this by reducing the AA rendering (the bottleneck watching the HardwareMonitor were the GPU, using close to 100% load), putting to max will tank hard on performance. Right now I have on FXAA HIgh. Don´t know its the best option. Shadow is still set to High, I can lower it but I have not noticed any frame gains nor load gain on CPU/GPU. I also modified the View distance along with Clutter. They are usually set to 5 of 10 but if I notice frame drops on some areas like major cities, I drop even further to 2.

All other clietns have the lowest possible settings.

Third, it doesn't hurt to drop your background framerate to something like 20.

This I noticed and tried when I have not figured out the huge frame drops I had when the main screen had everything maxxed. I dropped at one point the other windows to 10-15 to gain some stability. I may do that in the future now that I am no longer running a holy trinity team and don´t need to manually heal using Video FX.

Finally, and as a last resort, does performance increase if you start killing off game clients? If so, then there is likely a hardware bottleneck (assuming you've already addressed the other three options above this).

I cannot tell. But its worth a try if I get into a situation where the performance is really poor. I have yet to do a World Quest or World Event. I have been questing a lot in High Mountain but haven´t noticed a real frame drop like the Dark Portal event.

Return to World of Warcraft