FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW not launching properly in 7.3.2 + IS 6244

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:13 am

WoW not launching properly in 7.3.2 + IS 6244

So, what with the recent announcements and being bored with other games, I figured I would get WoW going again. Oddly, I'm actually having issues getting it to launch properly.

My config hasn't changed in over a year. I'm still running Win7 Ultimate and Bitdefender AV. 64-bit IS with WoW-64.exe. "Use 664-bit Uplink" and "Use same-bit clients" are both enabled. Originally, it was taking 3-5 minutes per client to launch whereas the battle.net launcher would load them up in 20 seconds or so.

So, I rebooted. Now, any time I attempt to use anything except the explicit WoW 32-bit game profiles and uplink, I get bizarre behavior.

• 64-bit Uplink + Wow launcher setting = 32-bit + game profile = WoW DX9 32-bit = LOADS OK
  • 64-bit Uplink + WoW launcher = 64-bit + game profile = WoW default or any 64-bit flavor = "YOU SUCK! Failed to load. Critical error during loading process. Required library WINMM.DLL does not exist." But it does. It's like, right there. In c:\windows\system32. Patching/re-patching/scan for corrupt files in the wow launcher and even cmd.exe->sfc /scannow had no effect. Multiple reboots to no effect.
  • 64-bit Uplink + WoW launcher = 32-bit + game profile = WoW default = two wow.exe processes that repeatedly load and exit, with IS console showing "Session Name 'World of Warcraft######' accepted for process c:\games\wow\wow.exe"
  • 32-bit Uplink + WoW launcher = 32-bit + game profile = WoW DX9 32-bit = LOADS OK
  • 32-bit Uplink + WoW launcher = 32-bit + game profile = WoW default = wow.exe process loads repeatedly and exits forever as above.
  • Launching WoW-64.exe manually or via the battle.net launcher works fine.

I think the only thing I haven't tried yet is nuking my isboxer profile from orbit and trying a clean setup, but I really really don't want to lose all the work that went into getting my teams working well.

I'm about tapped out for the night, but since the 32-bit client seems to launch, I'm probably not completely broken. I'd just like to understand what could be causing this as I've never had any issues running full 64-bit before outside of known "blizzard broke the launcher so IS needs to update" stuff.

Cheers,
Ugh
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:15 am

Re: WoW not launching properly in 7.3.2 + IS 6244

You're reporting the same issue as Helena1989 also reported yesterday -- http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8897

This is a compatibility issue in 6244 with SOMETHING RUNNING ON YOUR PC that I do not have. (Possibly the same thing Helena1989 has, but I don't have diagnostics from them either) I would like Compatibility Diagnostics from you in order to help figure this out. Get from any running instance of wow-64.exe (launch normal is fine) since that's what is crashing for you. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics

In the meantime build 6233 is in the Archives if you want to go back to the build that was live prior to yesterday. https://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives/
<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Here's the diags report after launching WoW-64.exe from the battle.net launcher.

https://pastebin.com/W4LFmatU

I'll scrub through the system later and maybe try this after a msconfig clean boot to see if I can suss out whether an app is doing it. I'll admit my system tray is monstrously large. :P
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:31 pm

I have reproduced the issue after installing Nahimic VR, and Inner Space development build 6247 is tested to fix the problem. Please give it a shot and let me know :)
<<

Judgmentday

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 pm

lax wrote:I have reproduced the issue after installing Nahimic VR, and Inner Space development build 6247 is tested to fix the problem. Please give it a shot and let me know :)

I applied the 6247 update and that did the Trick! Thanks Iax!! :D :D :D
<<

Ughmahedhurtz

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Yep, that did the trick. Apologies for not giving you the diags dump in the initial post. :P

Cheers,
Ugh

Return to World of Warcraft