FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Letters as hot Keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Kaipowa

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:38 pm

Letters as hot Keys

I'm pretty sure i'm blind. I did a search here and on wiki.

I have a few letters set as hot keys.... so when I type, i get lag on those letters and it displaces them sometimes (ie: the becomes hte) or it doubles them up even... (Ie: even becomes evven) How can i disable this? I'm sure i probably put the hot key in the wrong spot or something, but am not 100% sure.

https://pastebin.com/vtnRNGmE
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 am

Re: Letters as hot Keys

Are you disabling Key Maps before you try and use the Chat box to type ?
<<

Kaipowa

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:39 pm

I am not, it doesn't do that when i use numbers... are letters just an exception?
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:02 pm

No letters are not an exception. You may be experiencing the results of double binding mapped keys to the same hotkey.

e.g. your V key is used on ISB42 - Base Hotkeys -> Interact with Target, and also ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys -> Assist + V. Both result in sending V to the game windows, so you'd get it twice.

But you should disable Key Maps when typing in chat, otherwise your slave windows will probably be doing unexpected things, while you are trying to chat.
<<

Kaipowa

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm

does my V key not need to be bound in Combat Broadcasting? I added it since my slave windows wouldn't interact.

And yes, my slaves do odd things when i type... usually mount so its not too big a deal. But event the T lags when I type... Ws just seeing if there was a fix outside turning off the binding.
<<

bob

Post Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:02 pm

The fix is, Disable Key Maps when using Chat. i.e. press SHIFT+ALT+M,
or click on the left toggle button so the green arrows aren't showing. When you are finished chatting, re-enable Key Maps by pressing SHIFT+ALT+M, or by clicking on the left toggle so the green arrows are back.

ISboxer has no idea when you are using the chat box, and it will continue to run it's mapped keys from the hotkeys you assigned if Key Maps are still enabled.

Kaipowa wrote:does my V key not need to be bound in Combat Broadcasting? I added it since my slave windows wouldn't interact.
No it is not needed. If it wasn't working it was not because it needed to be bound to another mapped key.

Currently you will have multiple mapped keys executing when you press V, and that can result in things not happening as you want them to, e.g. actions breaking because the toons get conflicting commands. In your case the V hotkey is executing Interact With Target, and an Assist ME + V broadcast. They are stepping on each others toes (because the IWT mapped key already does AssistME /V), but you are probably not seeing it as they are mostly doubling up on the actions repeating. You might be seeing Interact With Target intermittently failing, (i.e. not moving to the target) for no reason though.

As a general rule, it is not a good idea to have multiple mapped keys bound to the same hotkey when those mapped keys will both be enabled/active at the same time.

Return to World of Warcraft