FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW 1.12 ISBoxer 6174

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TylerM784

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:43 pm

WoW 1.12 ISBoxer 6174

I've set up a private WoW 1.12 server, and I'm looking to multi box with ISBoxer. On the advice of lax, I downloaded build 6174.

I can get everyone logged in, and broadcasting works. But that's it. Namely, when I hit Alt+F it will focus on the main toon, but not follow as I would expect. I also cannot get any other hotkeys to broadcast.

I have used "Other" when setting up my QuickStart profile, as recommended here. I've also used the WoW profile to see if anything was different, it is not. As an aside, what "confusion" are we trying to avoid?

I have made numerous passes over steps 3-6 on the Quick Start Guide.

Here is a pastebin of the current profile I am trying to set up: https://pastebin.com/S37JUPzq It is a dualbox, but ultimately I would like a 5man; but making changes to the profile and launching five instances is time consuming.

I also noticed that when I use the /follow command, I am greeted with: Image, but only on the toon that typed it.

Thank you for any assistance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: WoW 1.12 ISBoxer 6174

ISBoxer Addon is not going to work with that version of WoW, just disable it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:38 am

For more info, see the FAQ
<<

TylerM784

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:54 am

bob wrote:For more info, see the FAQ

TylerM784 wrote:I have used "Other" when setting up my QuickStart profile, as recommended here.

Got it. Thank goodness for trials.
<<

mtp1032

Post Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:38 pm

TylerM784 wrote:I've set up a private WoW 1.12 server, and I'm looking to multi box with ISBoxer.

TylerM784, have you made progress?

At present I'm using InnerSpace patched to build 6252. I cannot use an older release because I'm using the server as a development environment for AddOns. Having just started this adventure less than a week ago, I've gotten to the point where I can launch my toons and log in. Many (most) of the menu keys work (e.g., Alt-Ctrl-Shift G), but the combat keys behave strangely.

For example, on toons A and B, the spell bound to key 1 is broadcast to both toons as expected. However, the spell bound to key 2 is not broadcast. What's more, when I switch to the follower toon, both keys fire as expected!

If it's helpful here is my configuration: https://pastebin.com/WF67MvY0

Some background may be in order:
I have a local copy of WoW, version 1.12.1, based on the Mangoszero core. I want to emphasize that this is a personal dev environment and NOT open to non-local access. Why? I am an AddOn developer and am working on a number of projects in anticipation of Classic release. I have to use my own server because ...

1) I need GM privs for development and test. For example, I need to test my addons with characters of different levels and different armor itemizations. This is impossible for normal users on existing 'public' private servers but on my local server I can make any number of toons of any arbitrary level and equip them with any allowed armor/weapon in a matter of minutes.

2) I need to be able to run any arbitrary dungeon.

3)I need to be able to populate the AH with a random assortment of items at different pricing levels. ***CENSORED***, part of the ***CENSORED***distribution allows me to do exactly that.

Thanks for you patience. I'll try to keep my requests to a minimum.

Cheers,
Last edited by lax on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not name bots or private servers

Return to World of Warcraft