FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ick... Seems I was suspended, and not sure why

Moderator: MiRai

<<

iamnatman

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:37 pm

Ick... Seems I was suspended, and not sure why

Much to my shock, 4/5 of my druid boxing accounts were suspended for 6 months last night, and I'm trying to figure out what may have triggered this. Oddly enough, my 5th is unaffected, but he's on a seperate Bnet account, so who knows.

I'm curious if ISBoxer is able to allow anything that would cause Warden, (or just GM's checking activity logs) to trigger some kind of botting warning. They haven't really told me why they've been suspended, only that I was "reported by my fellow players for cheating, which includes actions like botting, and exploiting game mechanics". To my knowledge, ISBoxer doesn't provide automation, or botting of any kind, so I'm a little confused here, since I don't use bots or run scripts on the side. It's only this program, and Jamba. The only thing that I can think of is the one key press, one action, one character rule. Is this something that can be executed with ISBoxer, or will it keep this from happening? I ask because I have the setting where IWT is woven into some of my melee attacks. Since it was allowed, and I assumed most melee boxers used this by default, I figured it was alright to use. I'm wondering now if it isn't.

I have my config posted here if anyone is able to check it: https://pastebin.com/Cz8HYaRG

I don't know if you're able to tell by looking over if I maybe set up something wrong, and caused them to suspend my accounts. I'm just wanting to know, so if I'm able to get them back, I can at least fix what I've messed up.

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:47 pm

Re: Ick... Seems I was suspended, and not sure why

ISBoxer is not a program that will get you banned, so your config is not particularly useful for us to check. In fact, some Blizzard employees are known to use ISBoxer.

If you are only multiboxing then you should appeal. Keep plugging away at it. Blizzard have stated many times that multiboxing is an allowed style of play. You should ask them to note on your account that you are a multiboxer. If you are only using ISBoxer and JAMBA, then I see now reason why you would be suspended.
<<

iamnatman

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Okay, thank you. I have tried to appeal, but they seem set in their way of the decision. I've mentioned too that I'm only using this program/jamba, and don't understand what caused it to happen. I may try again, and hopefully they'll at least tell me what's up.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm

Some GMs are mistaken. There was recently a streamer - whitefox2k - that was suspended for multiboxing, and initially got this kind of response you are describing. He ended up calling, and they reversed the action on the accounts.

If you are (and have been) really only using ISBoxer, they should correct it for you -- it is not prohibited
<<

iamnatman

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Thank you for replying too, lax. They're actually the process of re-reviewing the accounts, so I'm hoping to hear back. There was apparently a recent bot banwave, and it would not surprise me if I got tossed into the pile somehow.

I wondered too if Jamba was to blame in this situation, but apparently that's okay to use?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 pm

iamnatman wrote:I wondered too if Jamba was to blame in this situation, but apparently that's okay to use?

Add-ons run entirely within Blizzard's own Lua sandbox, and they cannot, on their own, execute any malicious code that Blizzard hasn't "pre-approved." With that said, Blizzard doesn't ban for add-ons. If they feel an add-on is causing problems within their game, then they disable the API that the add-on relies upon, which results in a broken, unusable add-on.

So, yes... JAMBA is fine.
<<

62shane

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:51 am

bob wrote:ISBoxer is not a program that will get you banned, so your config is not particularly useful for us to check. In fact, some Blizzard employees are known to use ISBoxer.

If you are only multiboxing then you should appeal. Keep plugging away at it. Blizzard have stated many times that multiboxing is an allowed style of play. You should ask them to note on your account that you are a multiboxer. If you are only using ISBoxer and JAMBA, then I see now reason why you would be suspended.

i have been multiboxing since early wrath and have had many GM`s spawn on me after some complaints, and after a few times they told me that my account has now beed flaged as a multiboxing account and now i dont see as many GM`s

Return to World of Warcraft