FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

lavishcrashmobile.exe

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redomegared

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:41 am

lavishcrashmobile.exe

Hi, yesterday i didnt have any problems multiboxing. Today i keep getting the message from lavishcrashmobile.exe that an application error has occurred:

https://imgur.com/a/g5pRw

Tried to start2 times, two times i get this message 5 times (5 clients). Eventuall the game starts without any problems (i think), but i have to wait a few mins for the windows to unfreeze.

build 6229 - 64 bit
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (22.57 KiB) Viewed 8121 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:58 am

Re: lavishcrashmobile.exe

A small handful of people are reporting this issue.

LavishCrashMobile.exe launches when there is a crash detected in the game, its purpose is to pop up the crash report message and offer to send it in. It is bizarre that it itself is crashing.

It would seem that it's not attempting to report a crash with wow.exe/wow-64.exe, because it would terminate the crashed process. So my assumption is that it is a different process -- launched by the game or a program that loaded into the game -- that is crashing in the first place and thus causing LavishCrashMobile.exe to launch at all.

The issue has been tentatively linked with recent NVIDIA drivers. I've not experienced the issue yet myself (or it would be fixed already, probably). I have been on NVIDIA driver version 382.05 with no issue, but I just installed 385.69 for further testing.

So, as this freeze is occurring, it would be helpful to pop up Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to see if you can determine what process might also be launching at the time (and would shut down as well).

Edit: It may help to have Compatibility diagnostics in order to figure this out. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:14 am

Thanks Lax for the quick response. Will keep an eye out on my task manager.
By the way, i dont use an NVIDIA card, i have an AMD one and havent updated the drivers yesterday, or today
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:16 am

redomegared wrote:Thanks Lax for the quick response. Will keep an eye out on my task manager.
By the way, i dont use an NVIDIA card, i have an AMD one and havent updated the drivers yesterday, or today

Great, that helps to know. That should prove that it is NOT related to nvidia drivers. (I could not reproduce with new drivers anyway)

Definitely requesting Compatibility diagnostics. Thanks :)
<<

redomegared

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 am

here it is https://pastebin.com/iunwBEeu

i bet its my virusscanner...as it always is lol
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:09 am

We do have a couple things to try.

1. BitDefender -- I've fixed a few issues related to this with the new loader, but it is entirely possible this is related. You can try shutting off Active/Advance Threat Defence in the BitDefender options (This will eliminate the following from the diagnostic: 5. C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2017\atcuf\263028799553828216\atcuf64.dll [1.11.125.0 #0xc4ee395] [BitDefender S.R.L. Bucharest, ROMANIA] [BitDefender Active Threat Control Usermode Filter] )
2. Try without Fraps (This will eliminate: 36. C:\Program Files\fraps64.dll [3, 5, 99, 15618] [Beepa P/L] [Fraps])
3. Part of your AMD video drivers includes some hooking, I am not sure whether this is due to application-specific optimizations, e.g. some AMD settings recognizing WoW (or whatever game) is running, then applying certain graphics options; this is usually something you can configure/shut off.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:35 pm

This issue has now been solved in Inner Space build 6232, now the development build of Inner Space.

To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Let me know :)
<<

redomegared

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:22 am

Thanks Lax, will try when i get home later. I didnt have time to test myself yet :)
<<

Smedbox

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm

The official Innerspace build has been updated and it fixes this issue for me. No need to try the Development (test) build.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Perfect, thank you for confirming on the other thread as well. Smedbox is correct -- build 6232 with the fix has been pushed live as of this morning. :)
Next

Return to World of Warcraft