FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

IS doesn't launch WoW on 1 PC, but works on 2 other PCs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:23 am

IS doesn't launch WoW on 1 PC, but works on 2 other PCs

Hi,

I'm trying to launch WoW on two computers with one account on each, but on one computer Innerspace doesn't seem to want to launch the WoW executable properly. I've tried another permutation of two computers and it works on those.

To narrow it down and eliminate IS settings issues, I've tried launching WoW straight from the IS tray icon with no character sets - just using "World of Warcraft" -> "World of Warcraft Default Profile", etc, on each of the three computers. One computer has problems and I can't figure out what. The IS console shows that it's launching with the right command line. Using the same command-line from a DOS prompt works. In Task manager, I can see that the executable starts up but then shuts down immediately when being launched from IS.

One thing about this particular computer is that it's the oldest one, and it's the only one that had an old install of WoW. I've tried doing a full uninstall and reinstall of the Battle.Net app, WoW, and IS.

Here's the compatibility diagnostics: https://pastebin.com/JxRpHqmh.

What could be the problem?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:18 pm

Re: IS doesn't launch WoW on 1 PC, but works on 2 other PCs

Right off the bat, I might assume that it's the Windows 7 compatibility that's currently assigned to Inner Space:
Code:
0 D:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InnerSpace.exe: WIN7RTM

Right-click on the executable file > Compatibility tab > remove all settings
<<

Smedbox

Post Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 am

Re: IS doesn't launch WoW on 1 PC, but works on 2 other PCs

Yes that was it, thanks a lot MiRai!!

(I also double-checked the other two computers that were already working and they did indeed not have any compatibility overrides.)

Return to World of Warcraft