FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Not opening after update 9/28

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Evolve

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 am

Game Not opening after update 9/28

Woke up this morning early and was trying to play wow.
I opened innerspace and notice that it patched .
Tried to launch WOW and it would not open.
Tried restarting several times and had the same result.
Then I tried to launch diablo, and had the same result.
I then tried to open games from blizzard launcher and the games would open.
Check task manager when launching from innerspace and I see that the process is running.
Tried to kill the process and run again, but no luck.
Did some searching and see usual response is about antivirus stopping it. Not sure why, when Ive been running fine for years, but just for argument sake. I uninstalled antivirus and restarted the pc, opened innerspace again and tried once more. No luck.
Same result. Process is there in the task manager and no game is launching.
I don't know what's happening, but I assume its something to do with whatever update just occurred.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:22 am

Re: Game Not opening after update 9/28

If you have issues then please post a compatibility diagnostic, and then follow the applicable instructions in the Having issues since an Inner Space update post.
<<

steelace

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 am

Hi Guys,

I have been fine for at least the last week running my 5 druids as normal, I forget the actual Inner Space build. Everything was fine until this morning 9/28 when I suddenly encountered unusual and serious lag/latency, about 2500+ms making the game unplayable. I thought I may be low on available system memory and a reboot would fix it. Unfortunately, it did not. I updated ISBOXER Suite to the new 42.5.0927.1 and did "Export All to Innerspace" like I normally do when a new version of ISBOXER comes out. I am also now on build 6216 of Inner Space. The game will not launch any of the 5 chars in their windows. I get no errors, just nothing happens. I rebooted numerous times but now I do not know how to diagnose this, or how to get logs. Any help would be appreciated, I am tired and heading to bed. Especially if others are having issues, I can just wait for a fix, unless there is an easy workaround.

Thanks in advance, Kevin
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:53 am

bob wrote:If you have issues then please post a compatibility diagnostic, and then follow the applicable instructions in the Having issues since an Inner Space update post.
<<

Evolve

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am

steelace wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been fine for at least the last week running my 5 druids as normal, I forget the actual Inner Space build. Everything was fine until this morning 9/28 when I suddenly encountered unusual and serious lag/latency, about 2500+ms making the game unplayable. I thought I may be low on available system memory and a reboot would fix it. Unfortunately, it did not. I updated ISBOXER Suite to the new 42.5.0927.1 and did "Export All to Innerspace" like I normally do when a new version of ISBOXER comes out. I am also now on build 6216 of Inner Space. The game will not launch any of the 5 chars in their windows. I get no errors, just nothing happens. I rebooted numerous times but now I do not know how to diagnose this, or how to get logs. Any help would be appreciated, I am tired and heading to bed. Especially if others are having issues, I can just wait for a fix, unless there is an easy workaround.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Turns out my issue was Innerspace. whatever update was pushed to me today broke things.
So others don't waste a couple hours like I did trying to figure out what's wrong, uninstalling the anti virus, and rebooting several times, etc
I had to revert back to build 6200 and then I was able to get games to launch once again.
<<

steelace

Post Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 pm

An update for my situation. Inner Space build 6221 today seemed to fix my problems with it not launching on Windows 7 64bit. I was pretty sure it was not me so I just waited for a new build.

Lag might have been blizzard servers or addons not sure. But all is good now.

Peace out! Kevin

P.S. Great job to you guys that are helping, especially LAX doing a lot of heavy lifting lately. :-)
I have been multiboxing (mostly 5 manning for years and want to keep doing it, it adds complexitiy for my brain).

Return to World of Warcraft