FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Resolution does not match on multi monitor setup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SorasRevenge1

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:19 am

Resolution does not match on multi monitor setup

I am having an issue, however. My mouse pointer isn't lining up correctly. I'm technically using 2 monitors for 5 characters. The main monitor has 1, and the 2nd monitor has 4, one character in each corner. The 4 arent running in 1080p and it wont let me force it. My old setup before 7.3 broke everything, i believe i was running in 1080p on all 5. That seems to be the issue. Is there somewhere in isboxer where i could change this?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:49 am

Re: Resolution does not match on multi monitor setup

I split this off from the other topic as it is not related to that issue.

This problem might be due to your Window Layout. If you are not using a Swapping layout, then the regions on your second monitor are probably getting their resolutions from their window sizes.

You can check under your Window Layout, select regions in the lower left, and then Swap Groups in the tabs, and make sure your swap group for the second monitor is using the expected reset region (which is setting the internal render size).

If you are using multiple swap groups due to multiple graphics cards, then you will probably need to create a "dummy" region for your second monitor layout, and set that to the resolution you want the second set of regions to be sized to. Then set this dummy layout as the Reset Region.

If you get stuck share your config, so we can provide better support.
<<

SorasRevenge1

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 am

Alright, ill try that. It's funny because I was using this exact same config/setup before 7.3 hit and I had no issues. I disable swapping when making a new windows layout because I don't like it auto swapping to my main monitor when I click on another character. I've noticed issues when I do that so I usually turn it off. But as I said I didn't have any issues with that until now. I'll go ahead and try what you said though. Definitely sounds like that might be the fix
<<

SorasRevenge1

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 am

Okay, i did that, now I'm facing the issue of innerspace only launching 1 character, and sometimes not launching any. Please help me out with this issue if you can. I would really appreciate it :D :D :D
https://www.zerobin.net/?23fc09457155fc ... R3x6k88iA=
<<

SorasRevenge1

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:14 am

UPDATE

Okay so i forgot about the disabling razer processes, i did that and all 5 characters launched, not the mouse cursor is still not lining up even after doing the Reset region. I pasted my config in the post before, when you have time please check it out :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:30 am

You should also make sure this tick box is ticked..

Despite the description, it wont enable swapping, it will just synchronise the resolutions, which, if swapping was enabled, would make swapping faster as the games don't need to reset their render resolutions when they move regions.
<<

SorasRevenge1

Post Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:57 am

i pretty much redid the wizard windows layout thing and enabled swapping but disabled the active region and everything started working. Mouse cursor lined up, no issues. works perfectly now. Thank you a lot for your help Bob :DDDDDDDD

Return to World of Warcraft