FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wow crashed, what was the cause?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ofir2006

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:31 pm

Wow crashed, what was the cause?

Hello guys, new multiboxer here.

I'm playing on a wotlk client, on a 15 box setup, first time doing it, i've been playing for the past 4 - 5 hours with no issues whatsoever, untill all of a sudden all of my clients crashed with an error saying "Requested X bytes of memory", I assumed its RAM related and thought I'd just go back in and tweak the game settings to lower and deleted my Cache folder just as a precaution.

So I just loaded a single wow client this time, yet I got 1 FPS and my CPU went to 100% usage, only from 1 client running, its working fine after a restart but I'm afraid I might be causing damage?

My PC Specs are:

CPU: I7 4790K
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: Dual 8g DDR3 800MHz Kingston sticks.
Motherboard: Asus Z97.

Thanks in advanced.
Last edited by ofir2006 on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: Wow crashed, what was the cause?

Out of memory errors, are not necessarily a lack of memory, but rather a lack of contiguous available memory. As things get allocated and deallocated, the memory gets fragmented, and when a particular sized block is requested that is not available in a single chunk, then errors get thrown, much like what you saw.

This should really only affect a single user process (i.e. 1 of the instances), but it depends on numerous factors as to why it all fell down in a pile of bricks.

You might also consider making sure your paging file is an appropriate size. A minimum of 1GB is required these days. If it is system controlled, then it should be fine. If you've hard set something, then increase the maximum size.

If you still have issues after a restart, then is sounds like something corrupted (it's probably not InnerSpace or ISBoxer, but feel free to try a reinstall).

p.s. You wont be hurting the computer.
<<

ofir2006

Post Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Re: Wow crashed, what was the cause?

bob wrote:Out of memory errors, are not necessarily a lack of memory, but rather a lack of contiguous available memory. As things get allocated and deallocated, the memory gets fragmented, and when a particular sized block is requested that is not available in a single chunk, then errors get thrown, much like what you saw.

This should really only affect a single user process (i.e. 1 of the instances), but it depends on numerous factors as to why it all fell down in a pile of bricks.

You might also consider making sure your paging file is an appropriate size. A minimum of 1GB is required these days. If it is system controlled, then it should be fine. If you've hard set something, then increase the maximum size.

If you still have issues after a restart, then is sounds like something corrupted (it's probably not InnerSpace or ISBoxer, but feel free to try a reinstall).

p.s. You wont be hurting the computer.

Thank you for your comment, Sorry, I've had a typo, I meant It IS working fine after a restart.

and im not sure what paging file is, hence I probably never touched that.

I reduced the game settings a bit, I am sitting on around 60 - 68% ram usage, and 45 - 50% cpu usage, main windows is getting 63 fps and sometimes spikes for a second to 31 fps, rest is limited to 10 fps.

I hope it wouldn't happen again.

Return to World of Warcraft