FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RESOLVED: Accounts wrong on launch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ivoxyy

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:26 am

RESOLVED: Accounts wrong on launch

Okay, this is going to be a little hard to explain, that's why the title sounds iffy.
Diagnostics/Profile
I used the wizard to set up iSBoxer with some basic settings and three characters, using the default launcher-less character set I attempted to launch my game and they launched up just fine, I'm not sure if it was broadcasting but that isn't my concern yet, upon launching the game the accounts were all screwy.

Upon launching all the windows had wonky accounts and two of the sub-accounts were WoW1 with no other options, the other account populated a b-net account that had the wrong (but still different from the others) named sub account that belongs with the other b-net account. In ISBoxer when I export settings to Inner I get the following errors
* Game has the wrong Account Name saved for Character 'Plug-Khadgar'.

* Game has the wrong Account Name saved for Character 'Slapped-Khadgar'.
* Game has the wrong Sub-Account Name (account merged into Battle.net account) saved for Character 'Slapped-Khadgar'.

edit:
Okay, when not using the launcher I got it to display the proper accounts and subaccounts per window, I reinstalled iSBoxer, however when I log into the accounts it takes me to a trial version of the game and my characters are not in any of the realms.(obviously)
I know this is probably hard to read.

I tried using the launcher and it crashes after I press play.

I have been trying different methods for hours, just hoping someone will be able to get back to me on this.
Last edited by ivoxyy on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:40 am

Re: Accounts wrong on launch

Usually when you get messages like that on Export from ISBoxer, it asks you if you want ISBoxer to fix said problems, and the normal answer is Yes. If you chose to not do that, then you may get issues.

If a character has the wrong account/subaccount/server details, you can select each character in the top left of ISBoxer, and set the appropriate values yourself. You can also remove some of the details, like the subaccount, so it is not passed through to the login.
<<

ivoxyy

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:44 am

I have tried removing all the account information and it still launches with the account information somehow. I got the accounts to display properly but when I log into them using my password it just puts me into a trial version for some reason. I tried on the separate b-net accounts.

Well I had it loading with displaying the proper information, after this reinstall though it's gotten wonky again on one of my accounts.

edit: I know those to be the correct sub accounts, could I delete my WTF file and re-log and it should repopulate my file for me correct? I am aware I will likely lose all addon data. Just to see if that would help?

edit2: Gonna do a fresh WoW install and clear all my data, I have a feeling that's where I'm having the problem.
<<

ivoxyy

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:08 am

I got this worked out by reinstalling wow. I imagine the source of the issue was I copied someone's interface entirely from the internet using their Account setting use their profiles for addons, so the game was convinced the sub accounts were wrong and I had spaced this cause I was so tired that night. I am an idiot. :roll:
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: RESOLVED: Accounts wrong on launch

For anyone else reading this in the future, a full 40GB download and reinstall of World of Warcraft is not necessary.

1) Log into the correct account(s)/sub-accounts by manually selecting all of this on the login screen
2) Log out
3) Re-export from ISBoxer
4) Answer "Yes" to everything it wants to correct (which may be nothing)

ISBoxer virtualizes the config.wtf file where the login e-mail and sub-account are stored. This means it creates a copy (pretty much Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V) of the original file, so all characters (in ISBoxer) get their very own version of this file if the Quick Setup Wizard is used to create them. Alternatively, you can adjust any virtual files in ISBoxer conveniently located under the "Virtual Files" section.

Return to World of Warcraft