FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem Creating WoW Macro's In ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:54 am

Problem Creating WoW Macro's In ISBoxer

Hey, noob here. Trying to set up a Pro Config and need to know what the point of giving a macro a 'Key Combination' is, when creating it through the 'Game Helpers' section? What exactly does this key combination do? Do i need to set a 'Key Combination' If i set a hotkey for the macro inside of a key map? (The key map's 1 and only step is a 'Named World of Warcraft Macro Action').
"Sorry if wrong section" - Me (Forum Noob)
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 am

Re: Problem Creating WoW Macro's In ISBoxer

The key combination is the keybind that gets set in the macro in the game. I.e. it is what you would press yourself to trigger the macro if you didn't have ISBoxer doing it via a mapped key. It is also necessary, as when you configure ISBoxer to trigger the macro, it is the key combination that ISBoxer will send to the game. ISBoxer cannot click buttons for you (although you can set the /click buttonname so you can call a button via other macros).

The hotkey in ISBoxer is what you set to trigger the mapped key. The mapped key runs an action, which sends a key combination to the game. The key combination triggers something in the game (in the case of a Named World of Warcraft Macro Action, this should be your macro in the Game Helper).

The hotkey and the key combination do not have to be the same. The Key Combination needs to be something not already in use in the game whether by the game keybinds (set in the games options) or by another macro setup (e.g. another WoW Addon).
<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 am

If i understand what you're saying correctly then i believe i have done everything correctly. I followed MiRai's 'Pro System' setup series back in ISB41 so i skipped one of the first settings he made 1:37 into the first video of the series (https://youtu.be/cONmD2E69nA?t=1m37s) because the GUI is different and i wasn't able follow. Could that be a problem? I am also testing the macro with a single slot launched. Unless there are some requirements that i have missed i feel as though i have done everything correctly, though it doesn't seem to function. =/
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 am

Well, it's much easier to tell you what you missed if you share your config.

I also wrote up a post of the differences in the videos vs the end result of an ISB42 pro config, if you wanted to follow through on that instead. I doubt it would be due to the Activate Key Maps, but it might be (I did think that was fixed in ISB42, but I may be wrong). It is more likely that you missed assigning the Macro Set to the character or the virtual mapped keys on the character.
<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 am

Here is my Profile. I hope you can understand it... Any questions just ask. =$

https://pastebin.com/G8pZ3kig
<<

bob

Post Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:17 am

Turns out it was the Activate Maps (among other things).
This is the bit he is referring to in the video that you couldn't follow. If you don't change the default ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys to be ISB42 - Combat Hotkeys, then as soon as you disable key maps (presumably to log in), then it wont work.
Remember to do Step 2 as well.

Also, be aware that you need to do a /console reloadui if you change anything under the Game Helpers section of ISBoxer, and then want it to work (alternatively you can camp out to the character select screen, or exit and reload the games).

You also don't have any hotkeys set on the Combat Hotkeys..

And you should probably also unselect these two on the character set.
<<

UnloosedDisc

Post Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:06 am

Everything seems to be function correctly, though it took a whole day to figure out and because of that i don't think i want to setup as much of my rotation inside of ISBoxer anymore.. I'm going to be using GSSE instead *sigh. Thank you very much for the help none the less. ;)

Return to World of Warcraft