FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW PTR Isnt launching

Moderator: MiRai

<<

IDub

Post Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Re: WoW PTR Isnt launching

Hey, lax I was wondering if you had any time to work on any sort of fix for PTR thanks again.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Yes, I am in the process of working on new issues with several games, including WoW PTR.

I can't give a reliable eta for this type of issue, because it usually involves a lot of digging for the actual cause of the problem. Once the actual cause is found, the ETA is usually a matter of minutes (usually short enough that by the time you know about the ETA, the fix is already available). Sometimes solving an issue only opens the door to the next issue, which is what happened here. I can't really give much else other than it is being worked on and I'll post here when I have something useful for you.
<<

tutgaming315

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Lax, I spoke with a person on PTR who stated they were using IsBoxer without issue. Apparently its something to do with the Hex code on the grey box that first pops up when you load PTR. Thats all they could tell me and me being me, Idk shit about coding so im lost haha ill let you figure it out... Could you look into this part as a possible fix?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:06 pm

tutgaming315 wrote:Could you look into this part as a possible fix?

He is already actively investigating the issue. After I confirmed the issue earlier in the thread, he confirmed it, as well. It's assumed that the executable is packed differently than prior patches since Blizzard is now encrypting important game files moving forward. How anyone is successfully using ISBoxer on the PTR in its current state, at this time, is unknown since there is an actual issue that requires an update to the code.
<<

tutgaming315

Post Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:05 am

MiRai wrote:
tutgaming315 wrote:Could you look into this part as a possible fix?

He is already actively investigating the issue. After I confirmed the issue earlier in the thread, he confirmed it, as well. It's assumed that the executable is packed differently than prior patches since Blizzard is now encrypting important game files moving forward. How anyone is successfully using ISBoxer on the PTR in its current state, at this time, is unknown since there is an actual issue that requires an update to the code.

Ahh, copy that as always thanks again for the quick reply. You and Lax are awesome and I appreciate everything you all do! I will not bother you guys anymore with this, I just figured it was something that would help since said person was using IsBoxer since changing Hex code.

Thanks again,
<<

IDub

Post Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:53 pm

Hey lax thanks for all your hard work on this, just wondering if you have any update for us? Thanks again.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:38 am

Still in progress. The issue is not in game itself, but in how they are now packaging it.
<<

IDub

Post Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Ahh okay, Thanks for the quick reply bob.
<<

rmice127

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:28 am

FYI this is still an issue with the version of 7.3 that just went live
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 am

FYI this is still an issue with the version of 7.3 that just went live

Well aware, thank you!

WoW 7.3 compatibility is a work in progress and will be available ASAP. I have been working basically around the clock on this for some time and expect to have it ready very soon -- with any luck, within 24 hours. Please feel free to join the ISBoxer Discord and hang out in our #World_of_Warcraft channel -- any new information will be available immediately there (in addition to posted on the forum here, etc).
PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft