FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow, Assist and IWT not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:06 am

Follow, Assist and IWT not working

I have a problem with ISBoxer in one specific computer. It doesn't follow or iwt . I checked the other computers and it does all of that. I use multiple computers, and this exact same computer in the past (haven't used it in 1 month or so) did work before. Now I want to multibox with 25 chars in WoW, and for some reason these 5 can't follow. It keeps giving me "you have no target" error. If I try to use the follow command, they will follow ofc. Does anyone have any pointers for me to address this ?

For example, Shift+Alt+N works in turning on Click to move. So the ISBoxer addon seems to be working properly
It must be something that's so obvious that I'm not seeing what it is lol
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:04 am

Re: Follow, Assist and IWT not working

The most common reason is that the character set do not have a unique set of FTL modifiers for the whole group. i.e. under each character set and then each slot, you need to make sure the FTL section has unique settings across all 25 toons.

The second most common reason is complicated, but usually entails a character set being undeterminable as to which PC it will be running on because one or more characters in it are in multiple character sets which could end up on multiple computers.

To identify either, you can look in the ISboxer Addon files that are generated, and you will either see that the characters are missing from the macros, so it will be the second item, or that multiple characters have the same mod settings, so it will be the first.
<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:26 am

Well, I ended up trying to use the same set of toons (Direct copy character set from ISBoxer Toolkit) and its working flawlessly on this computer. So I assumed it was from the other computer.
Being so, I ended up going with the extreme option of formatting the computer lol (it was in needed), so I'm hoping all the issues are sorted out by then, if not, I dunno.
Again, working on another computer. Direct copy cfrom the character set, which I assume it copies literally everything, including the FTL's, so the format should sort it out. I will report on it, in a few hours.
<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:40 am

Well, I did formatted the computer, and it ended up not being from it. So it must be from either the profile, or what you mentioned. Gonna try and see if your suggestions work. Its on this exact computer, only this one, with every character set created. This makes no sense in my mind, and its annoying.
<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:11 am

Well after some testing, I've noticed that this only happens WHEN I have the 5th team (the one not having any FTL interaction, 20-25th character) included in the Also Launch menu - i.e, if I have 4 teams grouped together, they work fine as they always have, but if I add the fifth 5 man team, this one won't use any FTL's. But if I remove it and reload the games, FTL starts working again.

So basically:

- Add 5th team to the Also Launch - FTL Stops working, numbers work 1-9, broadcasting just fine, and some other shortcuts like Shift-Alt-N to activate click to move
- Remove 5th team from the Main team - FTL starts working again flawlessly, everything is perfect.

I haven't tried yet, to launch the 5th team solo, then add it to the Also Launch, to see if it can work around, but thats annoying and not a real solution, just a shortcut. I'd be very happy if someone could help me out with this, as I have no idea whats going on, and only through testing i've noticed a few things that I already explained.

Thank y ou in advance.
<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:35 am

bob wrote:The most common reason is that the character set do not have a unique set of FTL modifiers for the whole group. i.e. under each character set and then each slot, you need to make sure the FTL section has unique settings across all 25 toons.

The second most common reason is complicated, but usually entails a character set being undeterminable as to which PC it will be running on because one or more characters in it are in multiple character sets which could end up on multiple computers.

To identify either, you can look in the ISboxer Addon files that are generated, and you will either see that the characters are missing from the macros, so it will be the second item, or that multiple characters have the same mod settings, so it will be the first.

Checked the Slot ID ("FTL") Modifiers, and they are all diferent combinations, I'm hoping thats what you meant in the first option, the second option I have no idea how to check it. I went to the isboxer addon folder, and checked the file for char names, and I have no idea how to identify the error. I really need help with this :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:56 pm

So share your profile...... viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13
<<

traineept

Post Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:49 pm

Not really needed, I already found the answer why it wasn't following, cause it was trying to follow the leader in the first character set.
This was the first time I encountered this, as I always tested FTL's with groups of 5, and would launch them as I please, even if inserted in a bigger group. Now I know that I shouldn't do that.

Conclusion:
5th group was looking for a character on group 1 to follow (the leader). So its not that it was working wrongly, I was the one not knowing that it had that requirement / limitation / etc. I wish I knew a way to circle around it, but in all honesty, I can just make a group of 5 (or copy the one existing), and have it not be together with the 20 others, and it will work fine.

Hope I explained it clearly, not my native language, even though I try not making it my excuse for poor english lol.

Return to World of Warcraft